The California School Directory contains information about all California public schools, private schools, nonpublic nonsectarian schools, school districts, and county offices of education. The search feature below allows users to search for educational agencies in California by county, district, name, county-district-school (CDS) code, city, zip code, type, or status.
If this page takes a long time to load, you should try using the Simple Search page.
* Multi-select option using Shift or Control key + mouse click, or mouse dragging technique
Public School or County Offices of Education/Districts Updates
District/County Office Personnel
- OPUS-CDS Application and Resources
Access the OPUS-CDS Web application, as well as useful information for using this application.
- CDS Change Request Forms
For changes that cannot be made through the OPUS-CDS Web application, authorized district personnel may complete a CDS change request form and mail it to the CDE.
- Changes initiated by the public must be routed through the LEA CDS coordinator.
Private School or Nonpublic, Nonsectarian School Updates
- For private school information and instructions on submitting updates, please visit the Private School Affidavit Web page. For general inquiries, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools, please send an e-mail to NPSA@cde.ca.gov. Information regarding Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools can be found on the Data Collection and Reporting web page.
- Schools & Districts
Access information on CDS Codes, CDS-related forms, school code assignments, and district reorganizations.
- Educational Resources Catalog
Obtain printed and electronic copies of the California Public School Directory and other publications from the CDE’s Publications Office.
- Public School Database (downloadable)
Downloadable file of California public schools and districts.
- Private Schools
Obtain downloadable private school data.
- County Offices of Education (COE)
Obtain links to all COE Web sites.
- Search for public schools nationwide (Outside Source) on the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) Web site.
- Search for private schools nationwide (Outside Source) on the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) Web site.
Access a variety of data for the state, counties, districts, and public schools.