What's in the Directory
Information on the types of data that are obtainable from the California School Directory (Directory).
The following types of entities are included in the Directory.
- Public Schools
- Private Schools, including Nonpublic, Nonsectarian Schools
- Districts and County Offices of Education
The following data are available in the Directory for the above mentioned entity types.
- County-District School (CDS) codes
- Entity names
- Entity contact information, including phone number, fax number, email address
- Entity addresses (mailing and physical)
- Web addresses
- Entity administrator (superintendent/principal) contact information
- Chief Business Official (CBO) contact information (for districts and charter schools)
- Status (active, closed, etc.)
- School open and closure dates
- School/District Type (elementary, high, alternative school of choice, etc.)
- Grades offered
- Charter school indicator
- Magnet school indicator
- Year-round school status
- Virtual instruction school type
- Federal Identification Number
- CDS Coordinator contact information