Williams CaseLatest information on the landmark Superior Court case to provide all students equal access to instructional materials, safe schools, and quality teachers.
- Joint Correspondence from O'Connell and Swofford (PDF; Posted 18-May-2010): Change in Certificated Assignment Monitoring and Data Reporting in Education Code Section 44258.9
- Language Census, Appendix (DOC; Posted 18-May-2010) | PDF (Posted 18-May-2010): Referred to in the Joint Correspondence from O'Connell and Swofford
- Annual Public Hearing and Resolution on IM - Curriculum Frameworks & Instructional Materials: Letter to LEAs on Public Hearing and Resolution on Sufficiency of Instructional Materials Funds
- Funding Results: Instructional Materials: Williams Case Settlement
- Uniform Complaint Procedure
- Guidance for Charter Schools Letter (Posted 13-Jun-2013)
- Attachment 1: 2013 Williams Settlement Charter School "Opt In" Form (DOC; Posted 13-Jun-2013)
- Sample Notice to Parents and Guardians, Complaint Rights (DOC; Updated 31-Aug-2015)
- Memorandum to County and District Superintendents - Williams Case
- Instructional Materials Survey Forms: Used to assist in evaluating the sufficiency of instructional materials
An explanation of what happened in the Williams case.
Beneficiaries of the Williams Case: Schools affected by Williams.
Sample Documents for the Williams Case: Language that may be used by governing boards to certify compliance, and suggested resolution on sufficiency of instructional materials.
Complaint Procedure for the Williams Case: Process to help identify and resolve any deficiencies.
Frequently Asked Questions and Responses: Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding instructional materials, funding, sufficiency and Williams settlement.