Signed into law in October 2013, Assembly Bill 484 establishes the CAASPP assessment system. For the 2013–14 school year, the CAASPP assessment system encompasses the following required assessments:
- Smarter Balanced system of assessments for mathematics and English–language arts
- California Standards Tests (CST) for Science in grades five, eight, and ten
- California Modified Assessment (CMA) for Science in grades five, eight, and ten
- California Alternate Performance Assessment (CAPA) for Science in grades five, eight, and ten and for mathematics and English–language arts in grades two through eleven
- Golden State Seal Merit Diploma
- CAASPP Proposed Regulations
- Assessment Information - administration dates and general assessment information for California public schools
- California Assessment System 2013–14 - table describing the various assessments administered in California schools
- Common Core State Standards
- Accountability Progress Reporting (AYP)
- Academic Performance Index (API)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium Spanish Web Page
- Sample Questions for the California Standards Test for Science - To learn more about the California Standards Test for Science and view real questions released from actual tests.
- California Standards Test for Science Released Test Questions - Released test questions for science. Representative sample of items on the California Standards Tests for Science.
- Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Results (2013-1998) - STAR Results Web page. Includes school, district, county, and statewide summary results for the California Standards Tests (CSTs), California Modified Assessment (CMA), California Alternative Assessment (CAPA), Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS), Stanford Achievement Test, Ninth Edition (SAT/9), and California Achievement Tests, Sixth Edition Survey (CAT/6) results.