- Purpose and Content
PFT Testing Schedule
Testing window and data submission deadline dates.
Physical Education (PE) Exemptions
Information about exempting high school students from PE courses due to Senate Bills (SB) 78, 601, and 602, which has changed California Education Code (EC) Section 51241.
- Frequently Asked Questions About PE Exemptions
PFT results for 2011–12 and prior years are available.
- DataQuest PFT Summary Results
- San Joaquin County Office of Education PFT Results
Provides information about statutes pertaining to the PFT, standards used to score PFT, and materials helpful to PFT Coordinators.
- California Education Code and California Code of Regulations, Title 5
- Healthy Fitness Zones (HFZ) Charts
- Assistance for PFT Coordinators
- Matrix of Test Variations, Accommodations, and Modifications
Provides information for Physical Fitness Test (PFT) coordinators and administrators.
- PFT Assistance for Local Educational Agencies
- PFT Coordinator Manual
- PFT Reference Guide
- PFT Program Notes
- Understanding the 2013 PFT – Includes a variety of resources to communicate with different audiences.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Parent/Guardian Brochure
- Sample Newsletter
- CDE sponsored PFT Training, includes videos, handouts, and other resources
- Report to the Governor and Legislature
- 2004 Fitness and Academic Achievement Study
- FITNESSGRAM® Reference Guide
Additional resources for the Physical Fitness Test, including links to the Cooper Institute, San Joaquin County Office of Education, and Human Kinetics.
- The Cooper Institute provides background information on the FITNESSGRAM®.
- San Joaquin County Office of Education: the state PFT contractor, collects PFT data from each school district.
- Human Kinetics provides the FITNESSGRAM®/ACTIVITYGRAM® Test Administration Manual and other FITNESSGRAM® materials available for school districts to purchase.
- CDE sponsored PFT Training, includes videos, handouts, and other resources.
Prior Year's Information
Includes prior year's News Releases and Reports to the Governor and Legislature from 2003–2010.