Description of the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) and 21st Century High School After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens (ASSETs) Program.
A Vision for Expanded Learning in California – Strategic Plan: 2014-2016 (PDF; 2MB)
Developed by the California Department of Education in collaboration with K-12 educators, program practitioners, and support providers.
After School Visionary Leadership Award
Recognition for individuals who have worked several years in the field of after school and have demonstrated leadership, innovation, compassion, creativity, resourcefulness, and dedication in operating stellar after school programs.
21st CCLC Frequently Asked Questions (DOC; Modified 18-Oct-2013)
ASSETs Frequently Asked Questions (DOC; Modified 28-Nov-2012)
Funding and Fiscal Management
Available funding, award notifications, and budget information and forms for 21st CCLC grants.
California After School Physical Activity Guidelines (PDF; Revised Feb-2010)
These Guidelines provide resources for implementing high-quality physical activity programs within California Department of Education-funded after school programs.
Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in California
- Quality Standards - Creating and Implementing a Shared Vision of Quality (PDF)
- Crosswalk Between Quality Standards and Program Assessment Tools (PDF)
- Guidance for Developing and Implementing a Data-Driven Program Quality Improvement Process for California Expanded Learning Programs
- Design for Quality Expanded Learning TimeLine
- Webinar - Continuous Quality Improvement - Where Compliance Meets Quality (16:17)
- Guidance and Recommendations for School Site Substitutions and School Closure Issues
- Direct Services and Administrative Costs Guidance
- 2012 Independent Statewide Evaluation of the ASES and 21st CCLC After School Programs
Independent Statewide Evaluations of the After School Education and Safety Program and 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program.
- Statewide Evaluation for 21st CCLC and ASES Programs
Annual data collection for elementary and middle schools is a requirement of before and after school funding, due October 10, 2014.
- Statewide Evaluation for ASSETs Programs
Annual data collection for 21st Century High School ASSETs programs, due December 5, 2014.
- Frequently Asked Questions | DOC
Frequently asked questions regarding the Statewide Evaluation Report.
Regional Technical Assistance
After School Technical Assistance System
Provides training and technical assistance that develops and provides resources supporting safe and educationally enriching environments for children and youths in before and after school programs throughout California.
- Regional Technical Assistance Contacts
Regional After School Technical Assistance System contacts within the 11 service regions of the California County Superintendents' Educational Services Association.
Reports to the Legislature
- 21st CCLC Program 2010-11 Allocations, Expenditures and Carryover
- ASSETs Program 2010-11 Report to the Legislature (DOC)
Links to state and federal resources, as well as a sample document to be used to notify parents that an after school program is available at their child's school.
Contact the After School Division
Contact information for the ASES Program and the 21st CCLC Program.