Unsafe School Choice Option ProvisionsInformation regarding the Unsafe School Choice Option (USCO) provisions of the No Child Left Behind Act.
State and Federal Policies and Mandates
- Provisions and Definition
- Persistently Dangerous Schools
- Required Actions Regarding "Persistently Dangerous" Schools
Sample letter to parents regarding federal requirements of USCO. This letter is required when students become victims of a violent criminal offense and offers parents the right to transfer their child to a safe school.
- Parent Notification Letter (English) (DOC)
Available Translations of the Parent Notification Letter
The Parent Notification Letter is used to notify parents regarding federal requirements of USCO.
- Parent Response Form (English) (DOC)
Available Translations of the Parent Response Form
The Parent Response Form is used by parents to respond to the USCO notification.
Questions: Coordinated School Health and Safety Office | 916-319-0914
Last Reviewed: Monday, April 3, 2017