Resources for Homeless Children and YouthsResources related to homeless students' rights to enroll and participate fully in school.
No Child Left Behind provisions as they relate to homeless education.
Join the Homeless Children and Youths Resources listserv to receive information and updates relating to the education of homeless children and youths.
Dispute Resolution Letter
Homeless Education Assistance Act of 2001 Dispute Resolution letter that was sent to the field.
Suggested program strategies to assist with the implementation of homeless education provisions in the areas of transportation, identification, Title I, enrollment, preschool, and special education.
- Declaration for Missing Enrollment Documentation (English) (DOC)
- Student Residency Questionnaire/Affidavit (English) (DOC)
- Shared Residence Affidavit (English) (DOC)
- Student Services Questionnaire (English) (DOC)
- Transportation Agreement (English) (DOC)
- Declaration Form (English) (DOC)
"You Can Enroll in School" poster of information regarding school enrollment which is guaranteed by federal and state law regardless of housing.
- "You Can Enroll in School" Poster (English) (PDF)
- "You Can Enroll in School" Poster (Spanish) (PDF)
Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
A national grassroots membership association that connects educators, parents, advocates, researchers, and service providers to ensure success for children and youths in homeless situations.
Center for Homeless Education at SERVE
Educational organization that promotes continuous improvement of educational opportunities for all learners.
Center on Homeless and Poverty
A legal resource center that provides legal assistance.
Homeless Education - CalEdFacts
California Department of Education's information and media guide about education in the State of California. For information on other topics, visit the full CalEdFacts.