Laws, Regulations, & PoliciesFederal and state legislation, laws, regulations, policies, legal advisories, and guidance.
- California Special Education Reference (CASER)
A word-searchable database of special education-related state and federal statutes and regulations, federal guidance documents, and editions of the Federal Register.
- Special Education Teacher Requirements (Updated 10-Jan-2007)
New regulation and flexibility for "new" middle and high school special education teachers.
- Amendments to California Code of Regulations, Title 5, sections 3001-3088 to go into Effect (New 27-Jun-2014)
June 25, 2014, letter to Special Education Division employees, constituents, and stakeholders regarding amendments to special education regulations.
- Size And Scope (Updated 30-May-2008)
Of Special Education Local Plan Areas as approved by the State Board of Education at the November 17-18, 1983 meeting.
- Official Letters from the California Department of Education, Special Education Division, State Director of Special Education (Updated 21-Aug-2013)
Provides program clarification on procedural and/or implementation issues.
- Special Education Transportation Guidelines (Updated 29-Mar-2011)
Guidelines for use by Individualized Education Program (IEP) Teams when determining required transportation services.
- Ravenswood Budget Report (Posted 13-May-2014)
Report to the Legislature, Department of Finance, and the Legislative Analyst’s Office.
- Reauthorization of the IDEA 2004 (Updated 16-Jun-2011)
Links to important references and resources on the Reauthorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Final Part B Regulations of the IDEA
The official copy was published in the Federal Register on August 14, 2006.
Questions: Special Education Division | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-445-4613
Last Reviewed: Thursday, October 15, 2015