Resources Related to Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- News and information on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA) is available from the United States Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). Topic briefs include a summary of all relevant statutory language around that topic, along with citations and cross-references to other related briefs when applicable.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP), Team Meetings and Changes to the IEP (PDF) explains changes in procedures for IEP meetings, including information about membership, attendance, and making changes to the IEP.
- A Guide to the Individualized Education Program
United States Department of Education guidance to assist educators, parents, and state and local educational agencies in implementing the requirements of Part B of the IDEA regarding IEPs .
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program Examples
A seven-step process to be used in developing a standards-based IEP. Each step is followed by guiding questions for the IEP team to consider in making data-based decisions.
- A Seven-Step Process to Creating Standards-based IEPs
This companion document provides the steps and guiding questions in a brief two-page document.
- A Seven-Step Process to Creating Standards-based IEPs (PDF)
- Common Core Resources for Special Education
Resources and guidelines on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for the Special Education Community.
Resources Related to IDEA 2004
- Tool Kit on Teaching and Assessing Students with Disabilities
Information, including research briefs and resources designed to improve instruction, assessment, and accountability for students with disabilities. The Tool Kit is intended to assist state personnel, schools, and families in their efforts to ensure that all students with disabilities receive a quality education.
- IDEA Parent Guide
This guide describes the special education process with special emphasis on the category of specific learning disability and includes parent perspectives, terms helpful to know, and practical materials for parents (e.g., checklists, sample letters, charts, and questions to ask). This guide produced by the National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD).
- Response to Instruction & Intervention
A general education approach of high quality instruction, early intervention, and prevention and behavioral strategies.
Federal Law and Regulations
- Final Part B Regulations of the IDEA
The official copy was published in the Federal Register on August 14, 2006.