Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)A statewide accountability system mandated by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 which requires each state to ensure that all schools and districts make Adequate Yearly Progress.
Reports and Data Files
2015 AYP Information
- June 2015 Letter: Information on Federal Waiver for the 2015 AYP
Further information on the reporting of the 2015 AYP, including decisions regarding the federal waiver request and the amendments to the federal Accountability Workbook.
- June 2015 Letter: School Attendance Data Collection for the 2015 AYP
Information on collecting attendance data for schools with students enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten through grade eight for the attendance rate indicator. This letter also includes a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.
- May 2015 Letter: Additional Information on 2015 AYP
Additional information on the participation rate.
- April 2015 Letter: Update on 2015 AYP
Information on the reporting of the 2015 AYP, including calculation of the participation rate, recommended amendments to the federal Accountability Workbook, etc.
2014 AYP Information
- FAQs for 2014 Accountability Reporting
FAQs posed by schools, districts, and the public.
- Letter: Changes in Academic Accountability
Reporting (Revised 30-May-2014)
- Accountability E-mail Listserv
This listserv is used to notify local educational agencies of information and updates regarding state and federal accountability (API, AYP, PI, and Title III). Because the listserv is divided into two groups, SECURE and GENERAL, please review the information on the Web page about the differences between these two groups prior to signing up.
2014 AYP Documentation
- Information Guide (PDF; 1MB)
- Safe Harbor Calculator (XLS)
- Timeline of Events
- School and LEA Appeal Form (DOC)
- Alternative Methods
- Program Improvement Status Determinations
- Accountability Workbook
Previous AYP Documentation
- 2013 AYP Information
- 2012 AYP Information
- AYP Prior Year Alternative Methods
- AYP Prior Year Glossaries
AYP Training Presentations
- CALPADS AYP Reports Training-PowerPoint (PDF; 2MB)
The PowerPoint (PPT) was used during a training given to accountability coordinators and LEA/school staff who have access to the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS).
- No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- Program Improvement (PI)
- Academic Performance Index (API)
- Alternative Schools Accountability Model (ASAM)
- Title III Accountability
- Public Schools Accountability Act (PSAA)
Other AYP Information
- CalEdFacts AYP Section
California Department of Education's information and media guide about education in the State of California. For information on other topics, visit the full CalEdFacts.
Questions: Academic Accountability Team | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-319-0863
Last Reviewed: Thursday, October 1, 2015