Skip to content
Printer-friendly version

Foreign Exchange Students

Information on honorary high school diplomas for foreign exchange students.

California Education Code Section 51225.5 specifies that the governing board of any school district maintaining a high school may confer honorary high school diplomas upon foreign exchange students from other countries who have not completed the course of study ordinarily required for graduation, and who are returning to their home countries following the completion of one academic school year in a school district in the state.

Honorary high school diplomas awarded pursuant to this section shall be clearly distinguishable from the regular diplomas of graduation awarded by the district.

California Education Code can be found in the California Law External link opens in new window or tab. library.

Questions: Mary Rice | | 916-319-0270 
Download Free Readers