Curriculum FrameworksGuidelines for implementing the content standards adopted by the California State Board of Education that are developed by the Instructional Quality Commission.
2014-2016 History-Social Science Framework Update
- Rollout Activities for the History–Social Science Framework
- History–Social Science Framework: Adopted by the State Board of Education
The curriculum framework was adopted by the State Board of Education on July 14, 2016.
- Members of the Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee
Appointed by the State Board of Education on November 5, 2008.
- Guidelines for the Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee
Approved by the State Board of Education on November 5, 2008, updated on September 3, 2014.
- Timeline for Framework Update
Updated by the State Board of Education on May 7, 2015.
- Content Standards (PDF)
Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, adopted by the State Board of Education and are the basis for the curriculum framework.
- 2005 History-Social
Science Framework (PDF; 3MB)
For California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
- All Curriculum Frameworks
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Monday, August 7, 2017