ResourcesWeb sites for selected state and federal agencies.
California Department of Education
California Department of Education resources, reporting, program, and contact information that may be useful or of interest to private schools.
- Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional
- Charter Schools
- Educational Options
- Title I Services for Children in Private Schools
- Title III Limited English Proficient
- Title III Immigrant
- School Nutrition
- Special Education and Nonpublic Nonsectarian School Certification
- Student National Origin Report (SNOR)
- Private Instruction CalEdFacts
State of California
Other state agencies that have programs and requirements that may relate to private schools.
- Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General
Fingerprint background checks and requirements and child abuse reporting
- Department of Public Health – Immunization Branch
Information about immunization and reporting requirements.
- Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing
Preschool and child care licensing.
- Public Utilities Commission
Information regarding the California Teleconnect Fund and E-rate.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Non-Public Education
Liaison to the nonpublic school community for the U.S. Department of Education.
- Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Student and Exchange Visitor Program
Association of Private School Organizations (CAPSO)
A consortium of pre-collegiate, independent and religious school organizations that provides information for private schools. The California Department of Education does not necessarily endorse any information, conclusions, or recommendations that may be expressed on this Web site.
- Western Association
of Schools and Colleges
One of six regional associations that accredit public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the United States.
Questions: Private Schools | email@example.com | 916-445-7331
Last Reviewed: Thursday, August 20, 2015