October 2011 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- California English Language Development Test: Program Update Including, but not Limited to, Release of 2010–11 Initial Assessment Summary Results (Posted 25-Oct-2011; DOC; 72KB; 4pp.)
- California High School Exit Examination Alternative Means Pilot Study (Posted 25-Oct-2011; DOC; 62KB; 8pp.)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2011-12 Legislative Session
(Posted 25-Oct-2011; DOC; 70KB; 6pp.)
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act: Report on the Review of 2010-11 Revised Local Educational Agency Plans for Cohort 4 Local Educational Agencies in Program Improvement Year 3 (Posted 25-Oct-2011; DOC; 149KB; 14pp.)
- Substantial Progress Report and the Development of a Specific School Building Plan to Provide Adequate Pupil Capacity regarding the Elimination of the Multi-track Year-Round Education Concept 6 calendar by Los Angeles Unified School District Pursuant to California Education Code sections 37685 and 37687, Chapter 901, Statutes of 2004 (Assembly Bill 1550) (Posted 25-Oct-2011; DOC; 65KB; 6pp.)