Instructional Materials AdoptionsGeneral Information concerning Instructional Materials Adoptions.
- Instructional Materials in California (DOC)
A brief introduction to standards, curriculum frameworks, instructional materials adoption, and funding.
- Adoption Process and Overview (PDF)
Major steps in the state adoption process for K-8 instructional materials.
- Schedule for Curriculum Framework Development and Adoptions of
K-8 Instructional Materials - Suspended July 28, 2009
Note: Assembly Bill X4 2 (Chapter 2, Statutes of 2009-10 Fourth Extraordinary Session) signed on July 28, 2009, suspended the process and procedures for adopting instructional materials, including framework revisions, until the 2013-14 school year. Senate Bill 70 (Chapter 7 of the Statutes of 2011) extended that suspension until the 2015-16 school year.
- Grades 9-12 Standards Map Templates and Instructions
Templates completed with citations by publishers and used by local education agencies in reviews of instructional materials.
- Standards Maps for Grades Nine Through Twelve - CalEdFacts
- Guidelines for Piloting Textbooks and Instructional Materials (DOC)
Adopted by the State Board of Education, January 2015.
- Textbook Weight in California
Summary of State Board of Education action.