Curriculum Frameworks & Instructional MaterialsInformation on all subject areas.
Curriculum frameworks provide guidance for implementing the content standards adopted by the State Board of Education (SBE). Frameworks are developed by the Instructional Quality Commission, formerly known as the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission, which also reviews and recommends textbooks and other instructional materials to be adopted by the SBE.
- All Curriculum Frameworks
Links to downloads of all Curriculum Frameworks.
- Curriculum Framework Development
and Approval Process (DOC)
Flowchart shows major components of this process.
- Schedule for Curriculum
Framework Development and
Adoptions of K-8 Instructional
- Curriculum Framework Adoption Process - CalEdFacts
- Content Standards
Adopted by the SBE and are the basis for curriculum frameworks.
- Grade Level Curriculum
Note: The Grade Level Curriculum (GLC) documents/Web pages are no longer posted because they do not reflect the guidance in the 2014 English Language Arts/English Language Development Framework or address the current CA English Language Development Standards or the CA Next Generation Science Standards. In addition, new frameworks for History–Social Science and Science are nearing completion and the guidance they contain is not reflected in the GLC documents. Being drafted prior to the new standards for ELA and Math and the 2014 ELA/ELD Frameworks, the GLC documents contain an ongoing comparison of the differences between the new standards and the 1997 standards which are now updated.
- Grade Level Curriculum
- Instructional Materials Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding instructional materials, funding, sufficiency and Williams settlement.
- Liability for Lost or Damaged Instructional Materials
Information from California Education Code (EC) regarding damaged to student-issued instructional materials.
- Recent Legislation Regarding Instructional Materials
Information regarding recently approved legislation pertaining to instructional materials.
- Price List Search and Adopted Materials Publisher Information
- Social Content Review
Reviewed and approved instructional materials.
- Media Guide -
Instructional Material Ordering and Distribution System (IMODS)
Online ordering systems for Braille, Large Print, Audiobooks, ASL Videobooks, and APH products.
Account Form (PDF)
Must be processed before receiving login password.
- New Account Form (PDF)
- Listing of Learning Resource Display Centers (LRDC's)
- Funding for Instructional Materials
- Instructional Materials Survey Forms
Used to assist in evaluating the sufficiency of instructional materials.
- Instructional Materials Adoptions General Information
Adoption process, schedule, piloting, and other information.
- Instructional Materials Evaluation and Adoption Process - CalEdFacts
- Free List Procedures and Marketing Practices
- Clarification of the Requirements for Free Instructional Materials Offerings: Letter to School Districts
- Clarification of the Requirements for Free Instructional Materials Offerings: Letter to Publishers
- Letter to School Districts
- Letter to Publishers
- Free Instructional Materials Template for Publishers (DOC)
- 2012-13 Supplemental Instructional Materials Review
The State Superintendent of Public Instruction has invited publishers of state-adopted programs in mathematics and language arts to submit supplemental instructional materials that bridge the gap between their existing programs and the Common Core State Standards adopted by the State Board of Education.
- Senate Bill 48 FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions related to the implementation of Senate Bill 48 (Chapter 81 of the Statutes of 2011).
- School Libraries
Information to help improve school libraries in California.
- School Libraries - CalEdFacts
- Specialized Media
Information and resources that support access to the general curriculum by students with disabilities.
- Cesar Chavez Model Curriculum
Standards-based model curriculum on the life and work of César E. Chávez for Kindergarten through grade 12.