Instructional MaterialsInformation and resources for instructional materials.
2018 Science Adoption
- Schedule of Significant Events
Adopted by the State Board of Education on March 9, 2017.
- Science Standards for California Public Schools
- Science Framework for California Public Schools
2006 Science Adoption
- State Board of Education List of Adopted Programs
Programs adopted by the SBE on November 9, 2006.
- 2006 Science Primary Adoption Report (PDF; 4MB)
- Price Lists of K-8 Adopted Instructional Materials
Search by subject.
- Attachment 1, Questions and answers from the Science training
- Standards Maps: Revised October 28, 2005. Kindergarten through grade eight (revised to gray-in introductory statement for each standard, no content change).
- Grades 9-12 Standards Map Templates and Instructions: Templates are completed with citations by publishers and used by local educational agencies in reviews of instructional materials.
- Literature for Science and Mathematics: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
A collection of outstanding literature for children and adolescents. The recommended titles reflect the quality and the complexity of the types of materials students should be reading at school and outside of class.
- Application to Serve on the 2018 Science Adoption Review Panel
We regret to inform you that due to budget constraints, the California Department of Education will not be able to provide honorariums to Content Review Experts (CREs) for the 2018 Science Instructional Materials Adoption.
- CREs are individuals with recognized content expertise and a doctorate degree in science or a related discipline (e.g., physics, biology, chemistry, or geology) and often with university teaching experience.
Standards and Criteria Maps
- (Coming late summer 2017)
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Friday, April 21, 2017