Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Program
Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Program (SRCL) is a comprehensive literacy development and education program to advance literacy skills for students from birth to grade twelve. The state of California received a formula grant to develop a state literacy plan. The grant provides funds to establish a state literacy team that includes teachers and other experts in the field of literacy. For a more detailed of the SRCL program please access our SCRL home page.
and Reading Professional Development Program (SB 472)
Provides funding for professional development in mathematics and reading/language arts.
- Reading Professional Development Training Modules
These modules were developed for the California Department of Education's Reading First Program for the purpose of training teachers, administrators, and reading coaches to provide high quality reading instruction to California's students in kindergarten through grade three (K-3).
- Parent Handbook for English-Language Arts (Posted 22-Jul-2008; DOC) | PDF (Posted 22-Jul-2008)
The parent handbook provides an overview of the English–Language Arts Content Standards for California Public Schools, Kindergarten through Grade Twelve.
- Spanish translation of the Parent Handbook for English-Language Arts (Posted 22-Jul-2008; DOC) | PDF (Posted 22-Jul-2008)
The Spanish translation of the parent handbook provides an overview of the English–Language Arts Content Standards for California Public Schools, Kindergarten through Grade Twelve.
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader
The resources housed on this Department of Education (ED)Web page are for parents and teacher alike, with a common goal of challenging and encouraging your student to embrace Language Arts and Reading.
- U.S. Department of Education's 2010 Reading Institute
- Department of Education Agency Resources
- ED-funded Publications and Data
- Professional Development and Technical Assistance