Greatness by Design (GbD): Supporting Outstanding Teaching to Sustain a Golden State (PDF; 3MB), the Educator Excellence Task Force report sponsored by the California Department of Education (CDE) and the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) acknowledges the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP) and the California Professional Standards for Education Leaders (CPSEL) as “beacons for guiding practice that can be used across the entire continuum of the career.” The standards for teaching and leading practices in California are:
- California Standards for the Teaching Profession
Address the diversity of students and teachers in California schools today, and they reflect a holistic, developmental view of teaching.
- California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
Provide quality standards for site and district leaders in order to help establish a framework for preparation, professional learning, certification, and assessments.
- Educator Evaluation Systems
Information for districts, the general public, and interested parties who wish to learn more about teacher and principal evaluation at the local, state, and national levels.
- Peer Assistance and Review
Information for districts, the general public, and interested parties who wish to learn more about the use of the Peer Assistance and Review (PAR) process at the local, state, and national levels.
Current Funding Opportunity
2015 Request for Applications-California Elementary Mathematics and Science Professional Learning Initiative
The CDE is accepting applications from eligible partnerships to provide professional learning opportunities to teams of elementary teachers and their principal to strengthen their content, pedagogical, and collective knowledge and instructional leadership skills for the continued implementation of the California academic content standards in mathematics and California academic content standards in science.
Upcoming Webinar for Prospective Applicants
A Webinar is scheduled for August 26, 2015, from 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
Please contact our office for instructions on how to participate.
- Request for Applications - California Education Leadership Professional Learning Initiative
2014–15 Request for Applications from eligible partnerships to organize, conduct, and evaluate professional learning opportunities for teacher leaders, and school administrators relating to effective school leadership. This initiative is closed.
- FY 2014-15 Funding Results
Funding results for the statewide leadership RFA.
- FY 2014-15 Funding Results
- Learning ... Teaching ... Leading (PDF) is a report provided by a Professional Development Task Force published in 2002. For current information please refer to the Greatness by Design (GbD): Supporting Outstanding Teaching to Sustain a Golden State (PDF; 3MB), published in 2012.