- California Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects (PDF; 2MB) (Modified March 2013 Publication Version)
- CCSS Professional Learning Modules for Educators
Information about the CCSS professional learning modules (PLMs). Please see CCSS Literacy Resources for additional PLMs.
- 2014 Revision of the English Language Arts/English Language Development Framework
Information about the revision and the latest draft chapters of the English Language Arts/English Language Development (ELA/ELD) Framework to align with the CCSS.
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
The multi-state initiative released the CCSS on June 2, 2010. The initiative site includes information about the development and research behind the standards, appendices, the states that have adopted the CCSS, and frequently asked questions.
- English Language Arts Standards - Appendix A
Research Supporting Key Elements of the Standards and Glossary of Terms.
- English Language Arts Standards - Appendix B
Text Exemplars and Sample Performance Tasks.
- English Language Arts Standards - Appendix C
Samples of Student Writing.
- English Language Arts Standards - Appendix A (PDF)
- Grade Level Curriculum
The grade-level curriculum documents are organized by individual grade levels and include information about the CCSS. There are also archived webinars for the kindergarten through grade six documents, which highlight the curriculum across the featured grade level with special focus on the CCSS.
- Achieve the Core
Free, high-quality resources compiled by Student Achievement Partners, writers of the CCSS, for educators implementing the CCSS, including professional learning modules, handouts, presentations, sample lessons, lesson videos, and much more.
- Introduction to ELA / Literacy Shifts
- Understanding Text-Dependent Questions
- Using the ELA / Literacy Publishers' Criteria to Better Understand the Standards
- Publishers' Criteria for the CCSS in ELA/Literacy, Grades K–2 (PDF; Revised 16-May-2012)
- Publishers' Criteria for the CCSS in ELA/Literacy, Grades 3–12 (PDF; Revised 12-Apr-2012)
- NCTE Supporting Students in a Time of Core Standards
The National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) provides resources for teachers and administrators working with the CCSS.
- Basal Alignment Project
The Basal Alignment Project provides a collection of replacement lessons to the most commonly used basal readers. Use these high-quality, CCSS-aligned questions and materials with your existing textbook.
- Anthology Alignment Project
The Anthology Alignment Project provides free, teacher-developed CCSS-aligned lessons for anthology readers in grades 6–10. The lessons can be used immediately in the classroom and for professional development.
- IRA – ELA Common Core State Standards
International Reading Association (IRA) offers a variety of tools to help you in the process of implementing the CCSS for ELA and literacy.
- Literacy Implementation Guidance for the ELA Common Core State Standards
Guidance on seven issues that have proven challenging in implementing the CCSS for ELA: use of challenging text, the foundational skills in the standards, comprehension, vocabulary, writing, disciplinary literacy, and diverse learners.
- Literacy Implementation Guidance for the ELA Common Core State Standards (PDF)
More ELA resources are available. Use the keyword search and filters to find specific resources at
Common Core Search.