- California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (PDF; 3MB) (Modified January 2013 Publication Version)
- Spanish Translation of California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (Coming Soon)
- CCSS Professional Learning Modules for Educators
Information about the CCSS professional learning modules.
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
The multi-state initiative released the CCSS on June 2, 2010. The initiative site includes information about the development and research behind the standards, appendices, the states that have adopted the CCSS, and frequently asked questions.
- Mathematics Standards - Appendix A
Designing High School Mathematics Courses Based on the CCSS.
- Mathematics Standards - Appendix A (PDF)
- 2013 Revision of the Mathematics Framework
Information about the process and timeline for the revision of the Mathematics Framework to align with the CCSS.
- Grade Level Curriculum
The grade-level curriculum documents are organized by individual grade levels and include information about the CCSS. There are also archived webinars for the kindergarten through grade six documents, which highlight the curriculum across the featured grade level with special focus on the CCSS.
- Common Core Implementation Video Series
Produced by the Hunt Institute and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO), this series of video vignettes explain the standards in greater depth.
Free, high-quality resources compiled by Student Achievement Partners, writers of the CCSS, for educators implementing the CCSS, including professional learning modules, handouts, presentations, sample lessons, lesson videos, and much more.
- ASCD "Get to the Core" Webinar Series
A series of webinars to assist educators on the implementation of the CCSS, produced by ASCD, a nonprofit educational leadership organization dedicated to advancing best practices and policies for the success of each learner.
- California Teachers Association (CTA) 2011 Summer Institute
Presentations on the CCSS delivered as part of the CTA 2011 Summer Institute held at the University of California, Los Angeles, on August 2, 2011.
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, Grades K-2 (PDF; 4MB)
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics; Grades 3-5 (PDF; 3MB)
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics; Grades 6-12 (PDF; 3MB)
- Resources from the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE)
- CCSS Database
A database to search the CCSS by subject, grade, and subject category (domain/cluster).
- K-12 Math California/Common Core "Crosswalk" Analyses
Analyses by the SCOE comparing the 1997 State Board of Education-adopted academic content standards to the June 2, 2010, version of the CCSS.
- CCSS Database
Common Core Connect
Tulare County Office of Education’s Common Core Connect has over 1,000 great multimedia resources at your fingertips including videos, presentations, documentation, and helpful Web sites.
- California Common Core State Standards-Mathematics (CaCCSS-M) Resources
Resources from the CaCCSS-M Task Forces, composed of members of the California Department of Education, California Math Council, California Mathematics Project, and California County Superintendents Educational Services Association's Mathematics Subcommittee of the Curriculum and Instruction Steering Committee, that professional development providers can use to strengthen teachers' content knowledge to teach the newly adopted mathematics standards. Includes links to information and resources for teaching:
- Publishers' Criteria for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
The lead writers of the CCSS for mathematics have released these guidance documents to support faithful CCSS mathematics implementation by providing criteria for materials aligned to the standards. These criteria are an attempt to sharpen the alignment question and make alignment and misalignment more clearly visible.
- Publishers' Criteria for the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics, Grades K–8 (PDF; Revised 12-Apr-2013)
- High School Publishers' Criteria for the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (PDF; New 12-Apr-2013)
- Number Sense Task Force
Includes the CCSS standards for mathematical practice in both English and Spanish and a PowerPoint presentation that provides more information about what students should be able to do to meet each of these standards.
- Inside Mathematics
This site features classroom examples of innovative teaching methods and insights into students learning, tools for mathematics instruction, and video tours of the ideas and materials on the site. Their expanding list of resources include connecting to the CCSS for mathematics. To illustrate the CCSS for mathematical practice, links are provided for each individual practice standard correlated to excerpts of mathematics lessons, demonstrating examples of successful strategies to launch and sustain the practice of standards in the classroom.
- The Illustrative Mathematics Project
The project aims to illustrate each of the standards using high quality reviewed tasks from teacher leaders. The site provides guidance to all stakeholders implementing the CCSS by illustrating the range and types of mathematical work that students will experience, and other implementation tools. The Web site is under development, with illustrated standards added on a regular basis. Contributors and advisors to the project include CCSS authors William McCallum, Jason Zimba, and Phil Daro.
- Math Common Core Coalition
The Mathematics Common Core Coalition works to provide expertise and advice on issues related to the effective implementation of the CCSS for mathematics.
The Mathematics Assessment Project
This project, a collaboration between the Shell Center team at the University of Nottingham and the University of California, Berkeley, is working to design and develop assessment tools to support U.S. schools in implementing the CCSS for Mathematics, including lessons, tasks, tests, and professional development.
- Education Development Center Implementing the Mathematical Practice Standards
Learn more about the CCSS for Mathematical Practice and how they can be connected to the content standards. Use illustrations, centered on student dialogues, to see the Mathematical Practices in action.
- The Mathematics Common Core Toolbox
The Charles A. Dana Center at the University of Texas at Austin and Agile Mind, Inc. have created a resource designed to support districts working to meet the challenge and the opportunity of the new standards. Here you will find tools and instructional materials that help to better understand and implement the CCSS for Mathematics.
- Progression Documents for the CCSS Mathematics Standards
Narrative documents describing the progression of a topic across a number of grade levels, informed by research on children’s cognitive development and by the logical structure of mathematics.
- Hyperlinked Version of the Mathematics Standards
A version of the math standards that has hyperlinks within the document.
- Visual Depiction of the Mathematical Practices
This visual displays some higher-order structure to the CCSS for mathematical practice.
- Mathematics Lead Writer Bill McCallum’s Blog
Math CCSS lead writer Bill McCalllum keeps a blog of math CCSS implementation projects that he hears of through his work. This blog also includes a catalogue of Bill’s responses to frequently asked questions about the content of the standards that he receives from educators.
- Common Core State Standards for Mathematics Curriculum Analysis Tool
This tool, developed by Dr. William Bush of the University of Louisville, is comprised of a review framework for states or districts to use to guide local decision-making in selecting curriculum resources and textbooks. Dr. Bush has also created a PowerPoint (PPT) to offer professional development to those who wish to use the analysis tool.
- Required Elements in Transformative Implementation of Common Core Standards in Mathematics and New Assessments prior to 2014-15
A paper written by Jere Confrey of The Friday Institute for Educational Innovation.