Using the Copy Forward Status Screen
This screen displays the progress of the copy forward process. After the copying process ends, if there are no errors found during the process, you can choose to return to the prior month or continue on to the subsequent month. If errors are found, you are given the opportunity to correct those errors and copy those remaining families to the next month.
When copying families (for example from October to November), you must:
- Copy the families forward first, then make changes to the families in the new report month.
- Do not make changes to the report before copying forward (for example, Do not change October before copying forward to November) or you will have changed the prior month's report and it will no longer reflect actual services for that month.
Once the copy process is complete, follow the steps below:
If there are no families listed on the page and all families copied successfully, you can do one of the following:
- Return to the prior month's report (if you need to add or delete families from that month) by clicking the "Return to [month/year] View Families screen" button,
- Continue to the next month's report (the month that you just copied your families to) by clicking the "Continue to [month/year] View Families screen" button, or
- Log out of CDMIS by clicking the "Log Out" link.
If there are families listed on the page, these are families with errors that need to be corrected before they can be copied to the next month. To edit individual families, follow these steps:
- Click the "Edit" button that appears to the right of the family name to open the Edit Family Screen.
- Review any error messages listed and make corrections as necessary.
- Click the "Save" button to save the changes.
- If errors still appear, resolve those errors and click the "Save" button again. Repeat this step until no more error messages are displayed.
- Click the "Return to Copy Forward Results page" button.
- Verify that the "Edit" button next to the family you just corrected is grayed out. This means the family was successfully saved and copied to the next month. If the button is still active and you can click on it to open the edit family screen, then there is still an unresolved error for that family.
You can also view all the errors found during the copy process for all the families listed by clicking on the "Error Report' that appears above the list of families and next to Total Families Not Copied. Clicking on this button will display all family, child, and setting information for the families listed along with the error message(s) that stopped the family from being copied to the next month.
If the families listed do not need to be copied to the next month because the families no longer receive services, you do not need to edit those families to resolve the errors. You can leave this page by logging out or continuing on to the next month and work on updating that month to reflect actual services provided.
NOTE: Before you leave this screen, make sure you edit and save all the families that did receive services in the next month so they are copied to that month.
How to Exit the Copy Forward Status Screen
- Click the "Main Menu" link that appears just above the page name or
- Click the "Log Out" link that appears just above the page name.