This page is the Accessible Alternative Version (AAV) of Item 24 Attachment 1 from the California State Board of Education (SBE) Meeting Agenda for May 2013. The scanned Item 24 Attachment 1 (PDF) version which also includes graphics is considered to be the official version of the document.
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
November 13, 2012
Dr. Francisco Escobedo
Chula Vista Elementary School District
84 East J Street
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Dear Dr. Escobedo:
On behalf of the YMCA of San Diego County-South Bay Family YMCA, please accept the attached proposal for the use of property located at Enrique S. Camarena Elementary School, 1650 Exploration Falls, Chula Vista, CA 91915.
The YMCA proposes to develop the property with a YMCA Soccer Pavilion and programs which focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. The impact of the Y sports facility and programs will strengthen the foundations of the community surrounding the new school.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Proposal for Ground Lease
1650 Exploration Falls Drive
Chula Vista, CA 91910
- Landlord: Chula Vista Elementary School District
- Tenant: YMCA of San Diego County, a California non-profit public benefit corporation.
- Premises: Land located at Enrique S. Camarena Elementary School, 1650 Exploration Falls Drive, Chula Vista, CA 91915.
- Use: The YMCA proposes to construct the following improvements and related amenities for the purpose of providing recreational, educational and social programs and services intended to benefit the District and Community and for any other uses needed in the community, typically provided by the tenant and acceptable to the landlord. (See attached draft site plan)
- Multi-Sports Pavilion – a covered sports pavilion featuring a soccer arena with artificial turf, lighting, restrooms, office space and concession area.
The following graphics or illustrations are included in the official version of Item 24 Attachment 1 (PDF):
- Preliminary section drawing of the covered sports facility for the Chula Vista Elementary School District joint occupancy with the YMCA on Page 3.
- Preliminary site plan of the covered sports facility for a joint occupancy agreement between Chula Vista Elementary School District and the YMCA on Page 4.
- Preliminary floor plan of the covered sports facility for the joint occupancy agreement with the Chula Vista Elementary School District and the YMCA on Page 5.
SOUTH BAY FAMILY YMCA
1201 Paseo Magda, Chula Vista, CA 91910
Phone 619-421-9622, Fax 619-421-8012, South Bay Family YMCA Web site [http://www.southbay.ymca.org/]