Curriculum FrameworksGuidelines for implementing the content standards adopted by the California State Board of Education that are developed by the Instructional Quality Commission.
2014-2015 History-Social Science Framework Update
- History–Social Science Framework: State Board of Education Draft
This draft was prepared for the State Board of Education meeting on July 13–14, 2016, and shows all of the edits recommended by the Instructional Quality Commission.
- Summary of Actions Table (DOC)
A summary table that reflects the recommended edits approved by the Instructional Quality Commission on May 19, 2016.
- Draft History-Social Science Framework: Second Field Review
The Instructional Quality Commission approved the Draft History-Social Science Framework for California Public Schools for its second field review on November 20, 2015. Members of the public are invited to comment on the draft through February 29, 2016.
- Members of the Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee
Appointed by the State Board of Education on November 5, 2008.
- Guidelines for the Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee
Approved by the State Board of Education on November 5, 2008, updated on September 3, 2014.
- Timeline for Framework Update
Updated by the State Board of Education on May 7, 2015.
- Content Standards (PDF)
Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, adopted by the State Board of Education and are the basis for the curriculum framework.
- 2005 History-Social
Science Framework (PDF; 3MB)
For California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
- All Curriculum Frameworks
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Monday, June 6, 2016