Using the CMD System-Educational AgencyInstructions for adding, managing, and retrieving CMD data.
CMD online tutorial
The CMD online tutorial is a ten minute automated tutorial that demonstrates how to login, enter data, and search the Clearinghouse for Multilingual Documents (CMD) system. A text version of the tutorial is also available.
- If you are not registered as a CMD user, you must first use the "New user registration" link on the CMD login page.
- If you are registered in the CMD system, login using your CMD registration e-mail address and your personal password that you created when you first registered for the CMD system.
- If you forgot or lost your CMD personal password, use the "forgot your password?" link on the login page for help.
New user registration
- Enter information into the appropriate fields.
- Enter the Agency Access Code (a combination of the agency identification number followed by the access key). The agency access codes are obtained from your local CMD administrator or from the state CMD administrator.
- Enter a personal password of your choice. The personal password must be six to twelve alphanumeric characters long.
Registration information can be modified by using the "Change my registration information" link on the login page.
Before Entering Data for Translated Documents
Contributors of translated documents must comply with any proprietary, intellectual property, or copyright restrictions imposed by the owner or copyright holder of all translated documents. Agencies that use documents translated by another organization should ensure that they may share those documents with other users without violating applicable contracts, licenses, or agreements that they have entered into for the translation of those documents.
Enter Data for Translated Documents
On this page, you can enter data about translated documents.
- Original English Document Name – Enter the title of the document in English.
- Topic – Select the topic from the drop-down menu. If the document topic is not in the topic list, select “Other Topics” and add a comment in the Comments box.
- Program – Select one or more programs to which the document applies.
- Description of Document – Enter a description of the document, its use and purpose.
- Language of Translated Document – Select the language from the drop-down menu.
- Translator Type - Select a response from the drop down menu that most closely describes who translated the document.
- File Format of the translated document – Select the file format in which the translated document is stored.
- Date Last Translated/Revised - Enter the date that the translated document was created or last revised.
Search for CMD records
- The Search for Multilingual Document Data screen provides powerful search capability that allows users to request a very broad search (all the records) to a very narrow search (a few records) of the CMD database.
- The "Any of these words" and "All of these words" parameters can be used together to narrow a database search. The language, topic, program, county, and CDE branch search parameters can be used to form a specific search request that includes one or many of the selected parameters.
- The "Search My Agency" search is intended to assist users find CMD records that belong to their educational agency or records entered by the requesting user.
- Results from the database search will be shown on the screen below the search window. To view more information about the document translation, click on the link to access the database record.
Edit and delete CMD records
- If you are searching for CMD records to edit or delete, use the search function to locate the record. Open the desired record by clicking on the link on the search results screen.
- From the next screen you can edit the data or delete the record. To edit or delete a record for your agency, you must be either the owner (person who created the data record) of the record or the local CMD administrator.
As the agency CMD administrator, you can use the Manage Users link to edit or delete user records for your agency.