Meeting Minutes August 30, 2012
Instructional Quality CommissionAn advisory body to the California State Board of Education
Final Meeting Minutes:
August 30, 2012
(Approved on September 25, 2012)
Report of Action
August 30, 2012
3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Ad Hoc Committee on Implementation of the Common Core State Standards
Vice Chair Marlene Galvan called the meeting to order.
- Welcome and Introductions (Information)
Commissioners, California Department of Education (CDE) staff, and State Board of Education (SBE) staff present at the thirteen sites participating in the conference call identified themselves.
The following Commissioners participated:
- Marlene Galvan at Dinuba Unified School District
- Kristyn Bennett at Grace S. Thille Elementary School
- Julie Spykerman at Anaheim Union High School District
- Bill Honig in Mill Valley
- Michelle Herczog at the Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Jose Dorado at Osceola Street Elementary School
- Lori Freiermuth at Olympian High School
- Jo Ann Isken at Lennox School District
- Will Parish at in San Francisco
- Carla Herrera at ABC Unified School District
The following CDE staff members were present at the CDE, Sacramento:
- Tom Adams
- Cliff Rudnick
- Tracie Yee
- David Almquist
- Barbara Murchison
- Carrie Roberts
The following SBE staff was present at the CDE, Sacramento:
The following public members were present:
- Yvonne Contreras at Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Magdalena Ruz-Gonzalez at Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Mike Matsuda at Anaheim Union High School District
- Update on the California Department of Education’s Common Core State Standards Professional Development Modules (Information)
Carrie Roberts, Administrator of the Literacy/History & Arts Leadership Office within the Professional Learning Support Division, at the California Department of Education, provided an update on the status of the California Department of Education’s Common Core State Standards Professional Development Modules. Following the presentation, Marlene Galvan called upon members of the Instructional Quality Commission to ask any questions which were subsequently addressed by Ms. Roberts.
No actions were taken by the committee.
- Public Comment
Members of the public present on the conference call asked brief questions regarding the California Department of Education’s Common Core State Standards Professional Development Modules.
Committee Vice Chair Marlene Galvan adjourned the meeting.