Questions to Consider during Review of the Initial Draft Framework for Mathematics
Attachment 2 for Item #3 B.1 of the Mathematics Subject Matter Committee
March 21-22, 2013 Instructional Quality Commission Meeting.
- Does the draft framework meet the State Board of Education’s guidelines?
- Does the draft framework support implementation of the state-adopted Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM)?
- Are the principles of focus, coherence, and rigor reflected in the draft framework?
- Does the draft framework provide a clear and concise narrative that serves the needs of teachers, curriculum leaders, and students?
- Do the examples in the grade-level and course-level chapters reflect the instructional emphasis of the grade or course?
- Are there more/fewer examples than necessary in the grade-level and course-level chapters?
- Is the information in the following chapters/sections accessible and useful for teachers and other educators?
- Overview of Standards Chapters
- Instructional Strategies
- Supporting Common Core Mathematics Instruction
- Universal Access
- Financial Literacy
- Does the glossary provide clear, concise definitions?