Review of the Initial Draft Framework for MathThe following questions are provided to facilitate and focus discussion on the initial draft of the mathematics framework as developed by the Mathematics Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee.
Questions to Consider during Review of the Initial Draft Framework for Mathematics
Attachment 2 for Item #3 B.1 of the Mathematics Subject Matter Committee
March 21-22, 2013 Instructional Quality Commission Meeting.
- Does the draft framework meet the State Board of Education’s guidelines?
- Does the draft framework support implementation of the state-adopted Common Core State Standards for Mathematics (CCSSM)?
- Are the principles of focus, coherence, and rigor reflected in the draft framework?
- Does the draft framework provide a clear and concise narrative that serves the needs of teachers, curriculum leaders, and students?
- Do the examples in the grade-level and course-level chapters reflect the instructional emphasis of the grade or course?
- Are there more/fewer examples than necessary in the grade-level and course-level chapters?
- Is the information in the following chapters/sections accessible and useful for teachers and other educators?
- Overview of Standards Chapters
- Instructional Strategies
- Supporting Common Core Mathematics Instruction
- Universal Access
- Financial Literacy
- Does the glossary provide clear, concise definitions?
Questions: Curriculum Framework and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, September 23, 2015