History-Social Science resources for administrators, educators, parents, and students.
- HSS Professional Development Resources
History-Social Science (HSS) professional development opportunities for
educators that focus on effective implementation of the state content standards.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and answers on
- History-Social Science (HSS) Curriculum
Resources for creating engaging and dynamic curriculum in all
areas of History-Social Science (HSS) are provided for both educators and
- Regional and County Resources for HSS
History-Social Science (HSS) county and local resources for teachers,
parents, students, and community members.
- Recommended Literature for Pre-Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
This searchable list of books supports, students, teachers, and parents in finding books that will engage readers of varying skill levels in history-social science, mathematics, science, visual and performing arts, as well as general literature.
- Parent Handbook for
An overview of the History-Social Science
curriculum and an explanation of why it is studied in school.
- History-Social Science Instruction
standards and framework guidance to assist students master historical facts,
historical themes, and the connections between the past and present.
- Student Voting Project and Constitution Day
Student Voting Project and Constitution Day information.
- Teaching American History Grant Program
Teaching American History grant program is designed to raise student achievement
by improving teachers’ knowledge and understanding of and appreciation for
traditional U.S. history.
- United States Senate Youth
Annual scholarship competition administered by the California
Department of Education.