Constitution Day Overview
The Student Voting Project, was a bipartisan effort to increase student knowledge about the democratic principles and processes in order to address a growing concern about waning student engagement in civic and governmental affairs was created in 2006. This project is designed to work with Constitution Day, a new federal requirement enacted in 2005 that designates each September 17 as Constitution Day.
- For general project information please visit the Secretary of State’s Web site .
- For general information on voting in California please visit Secretary of State's Web site .
- For the 2008 My Vote Project please visit the My Vote page on the Secretary of State’s Web site.
Constitution Day Resources
- Internal Link to Constitution Day and Citizenship Day
Background and recommendations on this September 17th observance.
- American Bar Association
- The Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands
- California Campaign for the Civic Mission of Schools
- Center for Civic Education
- Constitutional Rights Foundation
- National Constitution Center
- National Council for the Social Studies
- SCORE History-Social Science