Use this screen to request a new user. When all of the information is completed on the screen, your request for the new user is sent to the Child Development Management Information Systems (CDMIS) staff for approval.
Do not click the "Back" button on your browser - this may result in errors or duplicates. Use the navigation buttons and links on the screen.
You must always click the "Save" button when you enter information on the screen.
Required information is marked with an asterisk "*"
For every user, you must enter:
- First Name.
- Last Name.
- Phone Number (with area code).
- e-mail address (Important: double check that you have entered it correctly or the user will not receive notifications from the system).
- user access level (either super user or user).
You must select a sub-agency assignment for the new user if:
- Your agency has created sub-agencies for reporting, and
- The new user is a user (not a super user), and
- The new user will submit CDD-801A reports.
Note: Super users do not need a sub-agency assignment.
Important: Sub-agency assignments are only used for CDD-801A reporting, not CDD-801B reporting.
The sub-agency selection option is not displayed for agencies that have not created sub-agencies.
- Enter the required information (marked with an asterisk "*") about the new user.
- Click the "Save" button.
Result: The "Add New User Screen" is displayed again. If there are errors in the data, error messages are displayed at the top of the screen.
- Read any error messages (in red) that appear at the top of the screen and add or change information to make corrections.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat Steps 3 - 5 until you have no more errors.
- Click the "Return to Previous Page" button.
Result: The "Users" screen is displayed.
What Happens Next?After you complete all the required information about the new user and click the "Save" button, this is what happens:
- The CDMIS super user reviews and approves the new user request within 24 hours.
- The new user receives an e-mail from CDMIS support. This notification includes the name and phone number of the person who requested the new user.
- The new user contacts the person listed in the email notification and requests his or her new user name and initial password.
- The new user logs on to the CDMIS Web site.
The first time a new user logs on to the web site, the user is required to change the initial password.
About Super Users and Users
The agency's super user is usually the program director. He or she is responsible for completing the CDD-801A and CDD-801B reports or designating individuals in the agency to do this work.
An agency should have at least one super user.
A super user can:
- See all user names and passwords
- Request new super users and users
- Deactivate existing users
- Change information about all users
- Assign users to sub-agencies (if the agency reports by sub-agency for CDD-801A reports)
- Update No Service Periods information to report programs not operating during specific months
- Create and change sub-agencies used for reporting CDD-801A information (if the agency reports by sub-agency)
- Enter CDD-801A reports for the entire agency (regardless of if the agency reports by sub-agency or not)
- Enter CDD-801B reports for the entire agency.
A user can:
- Change his or her own user information only
- Enter CDD-801A reports for only one sub-agency (if the agency reports by sub-agency)
- Enter CDD-801A reports for the entire agency (if the agency does not report by sub-agency)
- Enter CDD-801B reports for the entire agency
About Users and Sub-Agency Reporting
Reporting by sub-agency is optional - agencies do not have to report by sub-agency.
Reporting by sub-agency is available for CDD-801A reports - agencies cannot report by sub-agency with CDD-801B reports.
A super user has access to CDD-801A reports for all sub-agencies - a user must be assigned to one sub-agency if her or she is to enter CDD-801A reports.
A user can be assigned to only one sub-agency (or no sub-agency if the user will not enter any CDD-801A reports).
A user cannot change his or her own sub-agency assignment - only a super user can change a sub-agency assignment.
How to Exit the Add New User Screen
- Click the "Return to Previous Page" button at the bottom of the screen, or
- Click the "Main Menu" link that appears just above the page name, or
- Click the "Log Out" link that appears just above the page name.