The California Department of Education has posted information on preliminary entitlements for ARRA. You can access this information from the funding profiles below.
- State Fiscal Stabilization Fund
- ARRA Title I, Part A
- ARRA Title I, Part D
- ARRA Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Part B, Section 611, Local Assistance
- ARRA IDEA, Part B, Section 611, Preschool
- ARRA IDEA, Part B, Section 611, State Institutions
- ARRA IDEA, Part B, Section 619, Special Education Preschool Grant
- ARRA Child Nutrition Equipment Assistance Grants
- Education for Homeless Children and Youth, ARRA of 2009
- Education Jobs and Medicaid Assistance Act
- ARRA Title II, Part D, Enhancing Education Through Technology (Formula)
- ARRA Title II, Part D, Enhancing Education Through Technology (Competitive)
- School Improvement Grant
ARRA funding combined with other funding sources.
- School Improvement Grant for Quality Education Investment Act (QEIA) Schools
ARRA Title I Corrective Action, combined with other funding sources.
Education Jobs and Medicaid Assistance Act
Information on the Education Jobs Fund, funds with which subrecipients use to save K-12 education jobs.
The U.S. Department of Education Budget
Includes state tables for current budget and ARRA funding.
Potential Uses for ARRA Funds
Includes U.S. Department of Education (ED) resources and examples of potential uses for ARRA funds.
Section 1512 Quarterly Reported Data
Unaudited data reported by ARRA subrecipients. Each spreadsheet contains multiple tabs. One tab contains a summary of data reported for the quarter; other tabs provide detailed information for each grant.
- Quarter ending December 31, 2013 (XLS)
- Quarter ending September 30, 2013 (XLS)
- Quarter ending June 30, 2013 (XLS)
- Quarter ending March 31, 2013 (XLS)
- Quarter ending December 31, 2012 (XLS)
- Quarter ending September 30, 2012 (XLS)
- Quarter ending June 30, 2012 (XLS)
- Quarter ending March 31, 2012 (XLS)
- Quarter ending December 30, 2011 (XLS)
- Quarter ending September 30, 2011 (XLS)
- Quarter ending June 30, 2011 (XLS)
- Quarter ending March 31, 2011 (XLS)
- Quarter ending December 31, 2010 (XLS)
- Quarter ending September 30, 2010 (XLS)
- Quarter ending June 30, 2010 (XLS; 1MB)
- Quarter ending March 31, 2010 (XLS; 1MB)
- Quarter ending December 31, 2009 (XLS; 1MB)
The ARRA Data Collection System
Detailed information on reporting required by the ARRA and data collection system for submission of required reports; includes correspondence regarding ARRA reporting deadlines and data collection system.
Federal Reporting Guidance
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance on reporting under Recovery Act Section 1512
- ED guidance on Recovery Act Section 1512 quarterly reporting
ARRA calls for rigorous and continuous oversight of the distribution and expenditure of the funds. Several oversight agencies have reviewed the CDE's administration of ARRA funds. Information about the oversight agencies and their reviews is available on the Web sites below:
- U.S. Government Accountability Office
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Inspector General
- California Bureau of State Audits
Provides easy access to federal government data concerning ARRA fund spending.
ARRA Contracting Provisions
Recipients of ARRA funds must comply with applicable state and federal contracting laws and regulations.
Federal Audit Resources
Includes OMB circulars, which establish processes and procedures for the use of ARRA funds, which are generally subject to the same guidelines, rules and regulations that apply to other federal grants.
Other Audit Resources
The California School Accounting Manual (CSAM) provides guidance to correctly account for revenues and expenditures. The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement 34, Basic Financial Statements—and Management's Discussion and Analysis—for State and Local Governments.
Report waste, fraud and abuse
Reporting misuse of ARRA funds and information regarding whistleblower protections.
Interest Earned on Federal Funds
- Guidance to local educational agency (LEA) fiscal officials regarding federal administrative requirements related to interest earned on advances of federal program funds.
- Refer to the Nutrition Services Division Management Bulletin for information on Interest Earned on the Cafeteria Account/Fund
ED General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
Title 34 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Parts 74-86 and 97-99.