These allocations are a part of the state's Vocational Education Basic Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Education under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006.
- Fiscal year 2013-2014 final allocations
- Fiscal year 2012-2013 final allocations
- Fiscal year 2011-2012 final allocations
Seminars, Workshops and Webcasts
- Completing the Perkins Claim
- Perkins IV - Application for Funding, Technical Assistance Workshop for 2009-10
- Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act Local Five-Year Plan.
Perkins Forms and Files
The forms and files page contains links to a variety of forms and resources to assist with specific tasks related to the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006.
Perkins Legislative Report
This legislative report page contains information on annual reports for Carl D. Perkins Career Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 grant award.
Perkins Grant Management System
Application for Funding - Due annually on June 3
This is an electronic method to complete the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006 Application for Funding, including the Budget/Expenditure Schedule.
Perkins Data System
CDE 101 E-1 - Due on October 15
Career technical education (CTE) Enrollment and Program Completion information is required from all regional occupational centers and programs (ROCPs) and each local educational agency (LEA) receiving Perkins funding, including agencies that are members of consortiums.
CDE 101 E-2 - Due annually on March 15
CTE placement information is required from all ROCPs and each LEA receiving Perkins funding, including agencies that are members of consortiums.
- Perkins IV Data System - General Information and Instructions for the CDE 101 E-1 (DOC; 6MB)
- Perkins IV Data System - General Information and Instructions for the CDE 101 E-2 (DOC; 5MB)
- Perkins IV Data System - Data File Instructions (DOC)
- Perkins IV Data System - Data File Definitions (XLS)
A pin number is required to input local data and can be obtained by sending an e-mail request to email@example.com that includes the LEA's county-district number and the name, telephone number, and e-mail address of the local contact person.
The Perkins timeline shows important due dates for local educational agency submissions of funding notices, applications, claims, and reports.
Information and useful resources for career technical education administrators, instructors and students.
Perkins/Career Technical Education Mailing List
Join the Perkins/Career Technical Education Mailing List to be notified via e-mail when new or updated information is available.
List of staff contact information for the California Department of Education's Carl D. Perkins program.
Special populations address students who are disabled, economically disadvantaged, in nontraditional careers, single parents, displaced homemakers, English learners, and others.