Curriculum Frameworks & Instructional MaterialsInformation on all subject areas.
Curriculum frameworks provide guidance for implementing the content standards adopted by the State Board of Education (SBE). Frameworks are developed by the Instructional Quality Commission, formerly known as the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission, which also reviews and recommends textbooks and other instructional materials to be adopted by the SBE.
- All Curriculum Frameworks
- Curriculum Framework Development
and Approval Process (DOC)
- Schedule for Curriculum
Framework Development and
Adoptions of K-8 Instructional
- Curriculum Framework Adoption Process - CalEdFacts
- All Content Standards, K-12
- Instructional Materials Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding instructional materials, funding, sufficiency and the Williams settlement.
- Instructional Materials Adoptions General Information
Learn about the adoption process, schedule, piloting, and other information.
- Instructional Materials Evaluation and Adoption Process -CalEdFacts
- Clearinghouse for Specialized Media & Technology
Information and resources that support access to the general curriculum by students with disabilities.
- Instructional Material Ordering and Distribution System (IMODS)
Access the online ordering systems for Braille, Large Print, Audiobooks, ASL Videobooks, and APH products.
- New Account Form (PDF)
Must be processed before receiving login password.
See information from theCaliforniaEducation Coderegarding damage to student-issued instructional materials.
Search for instructional materials that comply with SBE guidelines for Social Content.
The gathered information is used to assist in evaluating the sufficiency of instructional materials.
- Clarification of the Requirements for Free Instructional Materials Offerings: Letter to School Districts
- Clarification of the Requirements for Free Instructional Materials Offerings: Letter to Publishers
- Letter to School Districts
- Letter to Publishers
- Free Instructional Materials Template for Publishers (DOC)
The State Superintendent of Public Instruction has invited publishers of state-adopted programs in mathematics and language arts to submit supplemental instructional materials that bridge the gap between their existing programs and the California Common Core State Standards adopted by the SBE.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions related to the implementation of Senate Bill 48 (Chapter 81 of the Statutes of 2011).
Access standards-based model curriculum on the life and work of César E. Chávez for Kindergarten through grade 12.
- School Libraries
Find information to help improve school libraries in California.