2017-18 ESSA Template InstructionsInstructions for completing the 2017-18 Every Student Succeeds Act Transition Plan Template.
2017-18 Title III Every Student Succeeds Act Transition Plan Template Instructions
PLEASE NOTE: LEAs eligible for Title III federal funds will not be required to submit updated Title III plans during the 2017–18 transition year, but are responsible for keeping their plans updated locally and available upon request.
Local Educational Agency Specific Information
At the top of the plan template, local educational agencies (LEAs) complete the following:
- CDS Code: Enter the entire 14-digit County-District-School (CDS) code. This CDS code can be found on the California Department of Education (CDE) California School Directory Web page.
- LEA Name: Enter the complete LEA name or the consortium lead LEA name as listed in the CDE California School Directory.
- Fiscal Year: Enter the fiscal year for which the LEA is submitting an application.
Plan to Provide Services for English Learner Students
This section of the plan template is specific to the following required content areas: Title III Professional Development Activities, Title III Programs and Authorized Activities, English Proficiency and Academic Achievement, and Parent, Family, and Community Engagement. In the far right column, entitled Persons Involved/Timeline, the LEA has the option to enter the person responsible and timeline for any activities described.
- In the first row, LEAs describe how effective professional development for classroom teachers, principals and other school leaders, administrators, and other school or community-based organizational personnel will be provided.
- In the second row, LEAs describe the effective programs and activities, including language instruction educational programs; proposed to be developed, implemented, and administered under the subgrant that will help English learners increase their English language proficiency and meet the challenging state academic standards.
- In the third row, LEAs describe how they will ensure that elementary schools and secondary schools receiving funds under this subpart will assist English learners in:
- Achieving English proficiency based on the State’s English language proficiency assessment under 20 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 6311(b)(2)(G), consistent with the State’s long-term goals, as described in 20 U.S.C. Section 6311(c)(4)(A)(ii); and
- Meeting the challenging state academic standards.
- In the fourth row, LEAs describe how parent, family, and community engagement in the education of English learners will be promoted.
Other Authorized Activities
In this section, LEAs describe other authorized activities, in addition to the required activities described in the Required Content section, which are consistent with the purposes of the Title III program. In the far right column, entitled Persons Involved/Timeline, the LEA has the option to enter the person responsible and timeline for any activities described.
If an LEA is a member of a consortium and allocates all funds to the required activities in the English Learner (EL) program, or decides not to accept EL funds, then mark this section N/A.
Plan to Provide Services for Immigrant Students
This section of the plan is applicable to LEAs accepting Title III Immigrant Student Education Program funds. In this section, LEAs describe how the eligible entity will provide enhanced instructional opportunities for immigrant students and their families. In the far right column, entitled Persons Involved/Timeline, the LEA has the option to enter the person responsible and timeline for any activities described.