California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS)A longitudinal data system used to maintain individual-level data including student demographics, course data, discipline, assessments, staff assignments, and other data for state and federal reporting.
CALPADS Home |
Known Issues | Release Updates | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Charter Schools | Listservs | Calendar | Training | Hours of Operation | Contacts
2015–16 CALPADS Certification Report
- CALPADS Code Sets v8.3 (XLS; Dated 18-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS File Specifications v8.3 (DOC) PDF (Dated 18-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS File Specifications (Forms) v8.3 (XLS; Dated 18-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS Extract Specifications v8.3 (DOC) | PDF (Dated 18-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS Valid Code Combinations v8.3 (XLS; Dated 18-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS Error List v8.4 (XLS; Dated 18-Oct-2016)
This document contains descriptions for each error generated when submitting data to CALPADS.
- CALPADS Data Guide v8.3 (DOC; 2MB) | PDF (Dated 18-Oct-2016)
This document provides guidance for LEAs regarding the collection and submission of data for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Known Issues v1.4.26 (XLS; Dated 13-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS Release Update v1.1.96 (XLS; Dated 04-Oct-2016)
- CALPADS Update FLASH #122 | DOC | PDF (Dated 04-Oct-2016)
Topics include: Fall 1 begins Oct. 5; Fall 1 suggeseted milestones; Fall 2 submission; direct cert. extract update.
- CALPADS SSID and Enrollment Procedures v8.2 (DOC) | PDF (Dated 20-Sep-2016)
This document contains general business rules relevant to Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs) and enrollment.
- CALPADS User Manual v8.2 (DOC; 36MB) | PDF (26MB) (Dated 20-Sep-2016)
This document contains detailed instructions regarding how to use CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #121 | DOC | PDF (Dated 16-Sep-2016)
Topics include: Sept. release; foster youth data; CTE course codes; ODS reports; fall updates & reminders.
- 2016–17 Data Collections: Annual Back-to-School Letter | DOC | PDF (Dated 31-Aug-2016)
Letter sent to County and District Superintendents and Charter School Administrators.
The CALPADS Updates (Flash memos) are located in CALPADS Communications.
Useful Information and Links
CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM) – October 18, 2016
PowerPoint slides and agenda from the October 18, 2016 CIM meeting, available on the California School Information Services (CSIS) Web site.
CALPADS Course Codes (formerly CBEDS Course Codes)
Are you looking for CALPADS course codes? Refer to the CALPADS Code Sets document, which is located within the CALPADS System Documentation under the "CALPADS File Specifications" heading. The document is provided in Microsoft Excel format.
CALPADS AYP Reports: Guidance Documents
The CDE has produced guidance documents to help LEAs navigate through the CALPADS AYP reports and assist LEAs in identifying whether corrections are needed to their CALPADS data. These guidance documents are now posted on the CDE Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) Web page under the heading entitled “CALPADS AYP Reports: Instructions and Guidance.”
CALPADS includes statewide assessment data, enrollment data, teacher assignment data, and other elements required to meet federal NCLB reporting requirements.
This Web page provides information on the Education Codes and their requirements within CALPADS.
CALPADS Statewide Student Identifier (SSID)
An SSID is a unique, non-personally identifiable student identifier that all K–12 public school students are required to have.
Local Educational Agencies (LEA) Funding
Ongoing funding ($0.25 per enrolled student) is available for eligible LEAs to support maintenance of Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs).