Laws, Regulations, & PoliciesFederal and state legislation, laws, regulations, policies, legal advisories, and guidance.
- California Special Education Reference (CASER)
A word-searchable database of special education-related state and federal statutes and regulations, federal guidance documents, and editions of the Federal Register.
- Size And Scope (Updated 06-Oct-2021)
Special Education Local Plan Area size and scope standards as adopted by the State Board of Education at the November 17-18, 1983 meeting pursuant to California Education Code Section 56100(c).
- Official Letters from the California Department of Education, Special Education Division, State Director of Special Education (Updated 07-Mar-2023)
Provides program clarification on procedural and/or implementation issues.
- Special Education Transportation Guidelines (Updated 26-Dec-2018)
Guidelines for use by Individualized Education Program (IEP) Teams when determining required transportation services.
- Ravenswood Budget Report (Posted 26-Jun-2017)
Report to the Legislature, Department of Finance, and the Legislative Analyst’s Office.
- Reauthorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act 2004 (Updated 18-Sep-2018)
Links to important references and resources on the Reauthorization of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Part B Regulations of the IDEA
Title 34, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 300
Questions: Special Education Division | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-445-4613
Last Reviewed: Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Share this Page
Trending in Special Education
Recently Posted in Special Education