Child DevelopmentFiscal information to aid child development contractors and information regarding reimbursement procedures.
Child Development and Nutrition Fiscal Services (CDNFS) COVID-19 Fiscal Updates
CDNFS COVID-19 Fiscal Updates
This link will redirect users to a CDNFS webpage that contains guidance previously emailed through the Early Learning and Care Division's email distribution list pertaining to COVID-19. Guidance includes:
- August 13,2021 Fiscal Year 2021-22 Family Fee Waiver Augmentations
- June 28, 2021 Stipend Allocations for Preschool and Child Care Programs
- April 13, 2021 Assembly Bill (AB) 82 Stipend Update
- March 25, 2021 Assembly Bill 82 Stipend
- February 16, 2021 Hazardous Pay and Stipends for Employees funded with Early Learning and Care Contracts
- December 7, 2020 Advanced Apportionments to California Alternative Payment Program Contractors
- November 23, 2020 Interim Guidance on the Distribution of Federal Funds to Support State Subsidized Childcare
Current Year Contract Changes and Year-end Reporting Reminders
- Fiscal Year 2020–21 Child Care and Development Contract Changes
- Fiscal Year 2020–21 Year–End Reporting Reminders
The purpose of this letter is to compile reporting information provided throughout FY 2020-21 and provide contractors the due dates and reporting requirements for purposes of completing year-end and audit reports for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021.
- Fiscal Year 2020-21 Child Development Contract Processing
The purpose of this letter is to inform contractors of changes to contracts and amendments as of July 1, 2021.
- Changes to the Child Development Nutrition and Fiscal Services (CDNFS) Apportionments Schedules
This letter serves to provide information to California Department of Education (CDE) contractors about changes to the CDNFS apportionment schedule.
- Fiscal Year 2020–21 Center-Based Child Development Contract Changes
The purpose of this letter is to provide information regarding the changes to Center-Based Child Development contracts for Fiscal Year 2020–21.
- Fiscal Year 2020–21 Alternative Payment and CalWORKs Contract Changes
The purpose of this letter is to provide information regarding the changes to Alternative Payment and CalWORKs contracts for Fiscal Year 2020–21.
- Fiscal Year 2020–21 Reporting Requirements and Contract Earnings for Center-based Contractors Webinar
This link will redirect users to the EveryChild California’s webpage. The Child Development and Nutrition Fiscal Services (CDNFS) Office participated in a webinar hosted by EveryChild California on October 13, 2020. This webinar was free to all direct-service programs, including California State Preschool Program (CSPP), General Childcare (CCTR), Migrant Childcare (CMIG), and Programs for Children with Severe Disabilities (CHAN) program types, to provide guidance and direction on reporting requirements and contract earnings specific to Fiscal Year (FY) 2020-21. Specifically, CDNFS addressed family fee reporting for FY 2020-21, hold harmless provision for direct contractors and how this affects contract earnings and attendance and fiscal reporting for FY 2020-21.
- Fiscal Year 2020–21 Year–End Reporting Reminders
- Fiscal Year 2019-20 Implementation for Staff Training Days
The purpose of this letter is to provide Center-Based Child Development Contractors with information regarding the implementation of Staff Training Days.
- AB 2698 Mental Health Consultation Services Information
The purpose of this letter is to inform contractors of the amendment made to California Education Code (EC) Section 8265.5 in order to reflect the additional expense of serving children meeting special criteria.
Child Development Fiscal Services Resources
- Child Development Provider Accounting Reporting Information System (CPARIS)
CPARIS is the web based system through which center-based child development programs submit required attendance and fiscal reports. All child development programs may also view payment data for child development contracts in CPARIS. To access CPARIS, you must first register through the Centralized Authentication System (CAS). Contact your fiscal analyst for more information.
- Opening or Closing Reserve Account Instructions
Provides CDE contractors information regarding opening and closing reserve accounts within CPARIS.
- Reserve Account Activity Report Instructions
Provides CDE contractors information regarding submitting Reserve Account Activity Reports within CPARIS.
- Child Development Provider Accounting Reporting Information System User Manual (DOCX)
Provides early learning and care contractors with instructions on how to navigate the web-based application.
- Child Development Provider Accounting Reporting Information System Frequently Asked Questions
Answers common CPARIS FAQs regarding logging in, passwords, user roles, and reporting.
- Child Development Attendance & Fiscal Reporting & Reimbursement Procedures (DOCX)
Explains attendance and fiscal reporting and reimbursement procedures. This document is also known as the CDNFS Fiscal Handbook 2019-20.
- Child Development and Nutrition Fiscal Services Apportionment Analyst Directory
Fiscal Apportionment Analyst Directory for CDNFS.
Alternative Payment Contract Resources
- Alternative Payment and CalWORKs Resources including:
- Regional Market Rate Reimbursement Ceilings for Subsidized Child Care
- Alternative Payment Programs Fiscal and Caseload Report Presentation
- Contingency Funds Information
Fiscal Contract Change Requests
- Voluntary Temporary Transfers
California Education Code Section 8275.5 allows for a voluntary and temporary transfer (VTT) of funds between over-earning contractors and under-earning contractors with similar contract types (i.e., CCTR to CCTR) in order to fully utilize child care and development funding. VTT requests may be submitted between November 1 and November 15 or between May 1 and May 15 of the same contract year.
- Rate Increase Application Letter
The purpose of this letter is to provide information to request a rate increase.
Regulations and Requirements
- Child Development Contracts (Fiscal Year 2021–22)
Funding Terms and Conditions for Child Development Contracts for 2021-22
- Child Development Contracts (Fiscal Year 2020–21)
Funding Terms and Conditions for Child Development Contracts for 2020-21.
- Child Development Contracts (Fiscal Year 2019–20)
Funding Terms and Conditions for Child Development Contracts for 2019-20.
- Child Development Contracts (Fiscal Year 2018–19)
Funding Terms and Conditions for Child Development Contracts for 2018-19.
- Child Development Contracts (Fiscal Year 2017–18)
Funding Terms and Conditions for Child Development Contracts for 2017-18.
Questions: Lisa York | email@example.com | 916-323-6196
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, August 25, 2021