Title II, Part A Resources and GuidanceFederal and state guidance and resources related to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, Title II, Part A – Supporting Effective Instruction.
Federal Legislation and Guidance
- Text of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as Amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (PDF)
- Title II, Part A (20 U.S. Code Sections 6601–6692)
- Title II, Part A Local Uses of Funds (20 U.S. Code Section 6613)
- Guidance for Title II, Part A: Building Systems of Support for Excellent Teaching and Leading (PDF)
- Fiscal Changes and Equitable Services Requirements Guidance (PDF)
State Guidance and Resources
- COVID-19 Federal Funding Flexibility
COVID-19 federal funding flexibility information and resources for the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Title II, Part A COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
COVID-19 Elementary and Secondary Education Act, Title II, Part A Funding Flexibility FAQs.
- Title II, Part A LCAP Addendum Criteria & Guidance
Criteria, guidance, and resources for local educational agencies (LEAs) to meet the provisions of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) Federal Addendum Title II, Part A – Supporting Effective Instruction section.
- Consolidated Application
A two-part application and reporting process for multiple state and federal, formula-driven, categorical program funds submitted by county offices, school districts, and direct-funded charter schools
- Compliance Monitoring
School districts, direct-funded charter schools, and county offices that receive funding for certain programs may be chosen for a review by the state. The purpose of the review is to ensure that they are spending the funding as required by law.
- Promoting Equitable Access to Teachers
Resources to assist LEAs with gathering data and reporting disproportionate access to effective, experienced, and appropriately assigned teachers by low-income and minority students.
- Educator Equity: LCAP Addendum Criteria & Guidance
Criteria, guidance, and resources for LEAs to meet the provisions of the LCAP Federal Addendum Title I, Part A—Educator Equity section.
Lyris Email List
Email lists: If you would like to receive Title II, Part A updates via email notification about resources, presentations, and general information, subscribe to the Lyris email list by sending a "blank" message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to unsubscribe from the Title II, Part A Lyris email list, send a "blank" message to email@example.com.