CA Equity Performance and Improvement ProgramThe California Equity Performance and Improvement Program (CEPIP) provides funds to support and build capacity within county offices of education (COEs), local educational agencies (LEAs), and schools to promote equity in California schools.
Budget Act of 2017, Assembly Bill 99, Section 87 appropriated $2.5 Million ($2,500,000) to establish the CEPIP.
To support and build capacity within COEs, LEAs, and schools to promote equity for disadvantaged student populations in California schools. The CEPIP will build the capacity of COEs, LEAs, and schools in order to implement proven or promising evidence-based program and practices, specially targeted at building equity and narrowing the achievement and opportunity gaps for all underserved students.
Lead Agencies will:
- Develop new resources and activities
- Disseminate information on effective equity practices
- Develop and provide trainings, conferences, and workshops
- Work with partnering LEAs and schools and their targeted student population.
The CEPIP is a two-year grant period, starting on July 1, 2018, and ending on June 30, 2020. The total grant allocation for fiscal years (FY) 2018–19 and 2019–20 is $2,500,000.
|Lead Agencies||Contact Information||Homepage|
|San Diego County Office of Education||Fabiola Bagula, Director
|San Diego County Office of Education: Equity Grant homepage|
|Santa Clara County Office of Education|| Kathy Wahl, Director
Equity Conferences and Workshops
Lead agencies host equity conferences that are open to all:
|Lead Agency||Conference Title||Date||Location|
|San Diego COE||Equity Symposium 2018||August 27–28, 2018||San Diego|
|San Diego COE||Equity Conference||January 16–17, 2020||San Diego|
|Santa Clara COE||Inclusioneers United||October 24–26, 2018||San Jose|
|Santa Clara COE||Inclusioneers Impact||October 23–24, 2019||San Jose|
|Santa Clara COE||Equity Practices for English Learners||April 11, 2019, 10:00am–2:30pm||Santa Clara County Office of Education (In person or virtual)|
|Santa Clara COE||Understanding Muslim Students: Fostering an Inclusive Environment||May 1, 2019, 9:30–11:30am||
Santa Clara County Office of Education (In person only)
|Santa Clara COE||Inclusioneers Transform||September 23–24, 2020||Online Conference|
Reports to the Legislature
- California Equity Performance and Improvement Program 2020 Legislative Report (DOCX)
- California Equity Performance and Improvement Program 2020 Legislative Report (PDF)
- California Equity Performance and Improvement Program 2019 Legislative Report(DOCX)
- California Equity Performance and Improvement Program 2018 Legislative Report(PDF)
Equity Resources, Tools, and Best Practice
COVID-19 Equity Resources
- Leading an Equity-Focused Response Through and Beyond COVID-19
This guide published by the NYC Leadership Academy provides the information to support principals and school system leaders in leading an equity-focused response to the ripple effect of COVID-19.
- Implementing Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in a Distance Learning Environment, April 24, 2020 - Webinar
- Resources: Equity in Distance Learning
This series of resources is produced by the San Diego Equity Lead. They provide information and guides for equity practices in distances in distance learning.