California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS)A longitudinal data system used to maintain individual-level data including student demographics, course data, discipline, assessments, staff assignments, and other data for state and federal reporting.
CALPADS Home | Communications | Webinars | Training
System Documentation | Known Issues | Release Updates | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Charter Schools | Listservs | Calendar | Hours of Operation | Contacts
2018–19 CALPADS County-Level Certification Report
Spring 2019 Training Offered
- CALPADS Course Codes, Assignment Monitoring and LCAP Federal Addendum Equity Data Training
Beginning in March 2019, California Department of Education (CDE) and Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) staff will be conducting training sessions at county offices of education (COEs) throughout California. The training sessions will cover:
- The new State Assignment Accountability System (CalSAAS)
- Changes in the California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS)
- Changes to the state course codes and descriptions
- For training dates, COE locations, and registration information, see CALPADS Training.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #156 (Dated 24-Jun-2019)
Topics include: Purging of Former Foster Youth report; direct certs in July and August; charter school reporting; SSIDs for adult ed; new enrollment status code: 50 - Non-ADA Enrollment; clarification on new data elements for students with disabilities.
- Upcoming Transition of Data for Students with Disabilities into CALPADS(Dated 20-Jun-2019)
Letter to County and District Superintendents and Charter School Administrators regarding the transition from the California Special Education Management Information System (CASEMIS) to CALPADS.
- CALPADS Known Issues v1.5.28 (XLSX; Dated 06-Jun-2019)
- CALPADS Release Update v1.2.50 (XLSX; Dated 04-Jun-2019)
The CALPADS Updates (Flash memos) are located in CALPADS Communications.
Useful Information and Links
CALPADS Course Codes (formerly CBEDS Course Codes)
Are you looking for CALPADS course codes? Refer to the CALPADS Code Sets document, which is located within the CALPADS System Documentation under the "CALPADS File Specifications" heading. The document is provided in Microsoft Excel format.
Other Links and Resources
CALPADS includes statewide assessment data, enrollment data, teacher assignment data, and other elements required to meet federal NCLB reporting requirements.
This Web page provides information on the Education Codes and their requirements within CALPADS.
CALPADS Statewide Student Identifier (SSID)
An SSID is a unique, non-personally identifiable student identifier that all K–12 public school students are required to have.
National School Lunch Program Data Exchange
Information for point-of-sale vendors and student information system vendors. The purpose of the National School Lunch Program Data Exchange Project is to provide these vendors with a common file layout in an effort to improve data quality.