CALPADS System DocumentationThe system documents on this page assist in using CALPADS.
The California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) is the foundation of California's K–12 education data system that allows for tracking a student's academic performance over time. This page is part of the California Department of Education's (CDE's) CALPADS Web Portal.
CALPADS Home | Communications | Webinars | Training
System Documentation | Known Issues | Release Updates | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Charter Schools | Listservs | Calendar | Hours of Operation | Contacts
2018–19 CALPADS County-Level Certification Report
CALPADS File Specifications (CFS)
- CALPADS Code Sets v11.0 (XLSX; Dated 01-Jul-2019)
This document contains the current code values referenced in the file specifications for the coded value data elements. CALPADS course codes (formerly CBEDS course codes) are included in this document (see the "Course Group State" code set).
- CALPADS File Specifications v11.0 (DOCX; Dated 01-Jul-2019)
This document includes overviews of the file formats, data submission windows, and document conventions.
- CALPADS File Specifications (Forms) v11.0(XLSX; Dated 01-Jul-2019)
This document contains the file formats for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Extract Specifications v11.0 (DOCX; Dated 01-Jul-2019)
This document serves to assist LEAs in understanding the extract specifications for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Valid Code Combinations v11.0(XLSX; Dated 01-Jul-2019)
This document lists codes that can only be used in specific combinations in CALPADS.
CALPADS Error List
- CALPADS Error List v11.3 (XLSX; Dated 05-Nov-2019)
This document contains descriptions for each error generated when submitting data to CALPADS.
CALPADS Data Guide
- CALPADS Data Guide v10.2 (DOCX; Dated 13-May-2019)
Updated version coming soon!
This document provides guidance for LEAs regarding the collection and submission of data for CALPADS.
Retired Course Code Mapping
- Retired Course Code Mapping for 2019-20 (XLSX; Updated 29-Oct-2019)
This document contains a list of state course codes that were retired at the end of 2018-19 and their associated new course codes for the 2019-20 year.
To receive e-mail updates regarding CALPADS System Documentation, please subscribe to the appropriate CALPADS Listserv.