CALPADS System DocumentationThe system documents on this page assist in using CALPADS.
The California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) is the foundation of California's K–12 education data system that allows for tracking a student's academic performance over time. This page is part of the California Department of Education's (CDE's) CALPADS Web Portal.
CALPADS Home | Communications | Webinars | Training
System Documentation | Known Issues | Release Updates | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Charter Schools | Listservs | Calendar | Hours of Operation | Contacts
2018–19 CALPADS County-Level Certification Report
CALPADS File Specifications (CFS)
- CALPADS Code Sets v10.1 (XLSX; Dated 01-Dec-2018)
This document contains the current code values referenced in the file specifications for the coded value data elements. CALPADS course codes (formerly CBEDS course codes) are included in this document (see the "Course Group State" code set).
- CALPADS File Specifications v10.1 (DOCX; Dated 01-Dec-2018)
This document includes overviews of the file formats, data submission windows, and document conventions.
- CALPADS File Specifications (Forms) v10.1 (XLSX; Dated 01-Dec-2018)
This document contains the file formats for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Extract Specifications v10.0 (DOCX; Dated 01-Jul-2018)
This document serves to assist LEAs in understanding the extract specifications for CALPADS.
- CALPADS Valid Code Combinations v10.1 (XLSX; Dated 01-Dec-2018)
This document lists codes that can only be used in specific combinations in CALPADS.
CALPADS Error List
- CALPADS Error List v10.2 (XLSX; Dated 03-Oct-2018)
This document contains descriptions for each error generated when submitting data to CALPADS.
CALPADS SSID and Enrollment Procedures
- CALPADS SSID and Enrollment Procedures v9.1 (DOC; Dated 31-Oct-2017)
This document contains general business rules relevant to Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs) and enrollment.
CALPADS Data Guide
- CALPADS Data Guide v10.1 (DOCX; Dated 01-Dec-2018)
This document provides guidance for LEAs regarding the collection and submission of data for CALPADS.
To receive e-mail updates regarding CALPADS System Documentation, please subscribe to the appropriate CALPADS Listserv.