CALPADS CommunicationsThis page contains communications related to CALPADS including system updates, correspondence, and newsletters.
Communications (this page)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Hours of Operation
2018–19 CALPADS County-Level Certification Report
Contents of this page:
- CALPADS Updates (Flashes)
- Topic Specific Correspondence
- Assessment and Accountability
- Letters to Superintendents
- Charter School Reporting Status Change Form
Communications from prior academic years are located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.
The CALPADS Update FLASHES listed below include abbreviated descriptions of the contents of each FLASH memo.
Listed in descending order with the most recent on top.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #174 (Dated 01-Apr-2020)
Topics include: Name and definition changes for work-based learning indicator fields on the Special Education (SPED) file for 2019–20 reporting.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #173 (Dated 30-Mar-2020)
Topics include: COVID-19 guidance and resources; preliminary approval of testing and accountability waivers for 2019–20.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #172 (Dated 16-Mar-2020)
Topics include: Window for changing charter school reporting status moved to May and will be conducted online; charter school reporting for SWD data.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #171 (Dated 13-Mar-2020)
Topics include: Upcoming CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM) on April 7,2020; attendee/registration info and agenda.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #170 (Dated 11-Mar-2020)
Topics include: Fall 2 deadline approaching; supporting Report 2.14 – Language Instruction Program - Count available 2020–21; middle school core course vs middle school core setting.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #169 (Dated 29-Jan-2020)
Topics include: Disabling of the Student Discipline (SDIS) file on Feb. 25, 2020; CTE data survey template for 2018–19 CTE completers.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #168 (Dated 17-Dec-2019)
Topics include: Important Reminder to update the Student English Language Acquisition Status (ELAS) in CALPADS Prior to Summative Testing for the ELPAC.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #167 (Dated 13-Dec-2019)
Topics include: When to use an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP), Individualized Education Program (IEP), or an Individualized Service Plan (ISP).
- CALPADS Update FLASH #166 (Dated 06-Dec-2019)
Topics include: Exiting students from the special education program versus exiting students from a school; IEP requirements for students with disabilities transferring into a district.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #165 (Dated 22-Nov-2019)
Topics include: 2019–20 Fall 1 submission requirements modification; viewing Fall 1 SPED certification errors.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #164 (Dated 05-Nov-2019)
Topics include: New Postsecondary Status (PSTS) file; reporting postsecondary status for career technical education (CTE).
- CALPADS Update FLASH #163 (Dated 25-Sep-2019)
Topics include: Reporting multilingual and English learner programs; reporting English learner services.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #162 (Dated 25-Sep-2019)
Topics include: Information regarding the upcoming October 8, 2019 CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM).
- CALPADS Update FLASH #161 (Dated 10-Sep-2019)
Topics include: Special Education data reporting and monitoring; determining LEA and DSEA responsibility for reporting SWD data; enrolling/exiting SWD in CALPADS; CALPADS user roles; addressing data discrepancies in local SIS and SEDS; charter school reporting of special education data.
Additionally, please refer to the common scenarios for Reporting Data for Students with Disabilities.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #160 (Dated 15-Aug-2019)
Topics include: Reviewing District of Special Education Accountability field for accuracy; reviewing DSEA and updating in CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #159 (Dated 31-Jul-2019)
Topics include: Collection of data on the use of restraint and seclusion for all students.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #158 (Dated 30-Jul-2019)
Topics include: Guidance for changing a student’s gender in CALPADS, and guidance for changing a student’s legal name in CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #157 (Dated 22-Jul-2019)
Topics include: Options for testing students and using results of Initial ELPAC during summer; guidance re: entering successful pre-apprenticeship programs in CALPADS.
Earlier CALPADS Flash communications for prior academic years are located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.
- Update on California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System 2019–20 Submissions (Dated 18-Mar-2020)
Due to recent school closures stemming from the COVID-10 pandemic, the California Department of Education (CDE) has extended the certification deadline for the Fall 2 submission from March 20, 2020 to April 24, 2020.
- Letter regarding Career Technical Education (CTE) Data Survey Template and Reporting Instructions for 2018–19 CTE Completers (24-Jan-2020)
Letter to LEAs including a CTE data survey template for 2018–19 CTE completers.
- Reporting Data for Students with Disabilities (10-Oct-2019)
As discussed in CALPADS Update FLASH #161, this page provides common scenarios for determining which LEA is responsible for reporting SWD data, and which LEA will be held accountable on the Dashboard.
- Collection of Data on the Use of Restraint and Seclusion for All Students in CALPADS (Dated 31-Jul-2019)
Letter sent to County and District Superintendents, Charter School Administrators, Special Education Local Plan Area Directors, Administrators of County Offices of Education, Nonpublic School Administrators, State Diagnostic Center Directors, and Local Educational Agency Special Education Directors regarding the collection of restraint and seclusion data in CALPADS.
- Charter School Reporting for Special Education Students (Dated 10-Jul-2019)
Letter to Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) Directors regarding reporting data. The letter provides guidance and discusses responsibilities.
- Upcoming Transition of Data for Students with Disabilities into CALPADS(Dated 20-Jun-2019)
Letter to County and District Superintendents and Charter School Administrators regarding the transition from the California Special Education Management Information System (CASEMIS) to CALPADS.
CALPADS Information Meetings (CIM)
Past CIM Events
To view past CIM events for prior academic years: Visit the CALPADS Communications Archive (CIM events are located under the "Webinars and Presentations – Archive" heading).
California School Dashboard: New Career Measures Collected for the College/Career Indicator (Dated 05-Apr-2019)
Letter sent to Dashboard, Accountability, and Dashboard Alternative School Status Coordinators regarding new career measures collected for the College/Career Indicator on the California School Dashboard.
To view earlier communications (associated with prior academic years), see the CALPADS Communications Archive.
- 2019–20 Data Collections: Annual Back-to-School Letter (Dated 15-Oct-2019)
This letter kicks off the 2019–20 data collection season for CALPADS, CBEDS, and CARS.
- Important Data Collection Updates:
2018–19 EOY; 2019–20 Major Changes (Dated 19-Jul-2019)
Updates regarding the upcoming End-of-Year (EOY) deadline, along with information regarding major changes for 2019–20.
Correspondence for prior academic years is located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.
- Charter School Reporting Status Change Form v11.0 for June 2019 (PDF; Dated 29-May-2019)
PDF form used to change a charter school reporting status for CALPADS and CBEDS.
- Charter School CALPADS and CBEDS Data Reporting Policy Letter (Dated 29-May-2019)
Annual letter regarding charter school data reporting options.
To receive information and updates regarding CALPADS, please subscribe to the appropriate CALPADS Listserv.
Earlier CALPADS communications are located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.