CALPADS CommunicationsThis page contains communications related to CALPADS including system updates, correspondence, and newsletters.
CALPADS Home | Communications | Webinars | Training
System Documentation | Known Issues | Release Updates | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Charter Schools | Listservs | Calendar | Hours of Operation | Contacts
2018–19 CALPADS County-Level Certification Report
Earlier CALPADS communications (for prior academic years) are located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.
Contents of this page:
- CALPADS Updates (Flashes)
- Topic Specific Correspondence
- CASEMIS-to-CALPADS (C2C) News
- Assessment and Accountability
- Letters to Superintendents
- Charter School Reporting Status Change Form
The CALPADS Update FLASHES listed below include abbreviated descriptions of the contents of each FLASH memo.
Listed in descending order with the most recent on top.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #164 (Dated 05-Nov-2019)
Topics include: New Postsecondary Status (PSTS) file; reporting postsecondary status for career technical education (CTE).
- CALPADS Update FLASH #163 (Dated 25-Sep-2019)
Topics include: Reporting multilingual and English learner programs; reporting English learner services.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #162 (Dated 25-Sep-2019)
Topics include: Information regarding the upcoming October 8, 2019 CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM).
- CALPADS Update FLASH #161 (Dated 10-Sep-2019)
Topics include: Special Education data reporting and monitoring; determining LEA and DSEA responsibility for reporting SWD data; enrolling/exiting SWD in CALPADS; CALPADS user roles; addressing data discrepancies in local SIS and SEDS; charter school reporting of special education data.
Additionally, please refer to the common scenarios for Reporting Data for Students with Disabilities.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #160 (Dated 15-Aug-2019)
Topics include: Reviewing District of Special Education Accountability field for accuracy; reviewing DSEA and updating in CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #159 (Dated 31-Jul-2019)
Topics include: Collection of data on the use of restraint and seclusion for all students.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #158 (Dated 30-Jul-2019)
Topics include: Guidance for changing a student’s gender in CALPADS, and guidance for changing a student’s legal name in CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #157 (Dated 22-Jul-2019)
Topics include: Options for testing students and using results of Initial ELPAC during summer; guidance re: entering successful pre-apprenticeship programs in CALPADS.
CALPADS Update FLASH: 2018–19 Academic Year (Flash numbers 139 thru 156)
- CALPADS Update FLASH #156 (Dated 24-Jun-2019)
Topics include: Purging of Former Foster Youth report; direct certs in July and August; charter school reporting; SSIDs for adult ed; new enrollment status code: 50 - Non-ADA Enrollment; clarification on new data elements for students with disabilities.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #155 (Dated 13-May-2019)
Topic: Important reminder to update Student English Language Acquisition Status (ELAS) in CALPADS prior to the May 31 Summative Testing for the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #154 (Dated 26-Mar-2019)
Topics include: CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM) is April 9, 2019. Information and agenda for attendees.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #153 (Dated 11-Mar-2019)
Topics include: End-of-Year 3: CERT125 will be disabled; CERT127 will become fatal. Review CERT071 warnings. Applying and reporting disciplinary actions.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #152 (Dated 07-Mar-2019)
Topics include: Postsecondary/Transition Students, Adult-age Students Attending a Charter School in an Exclusive Partnership, and Adult-age Students Enrolled in an Adult Education Program.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #151 (Dated 06-Mar-2019)
Topics include: Attorney General's Model Policies for K–12 Schools and CALPADS data submission.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #150 (Dated 15-Feb-2019)
Topics include: Spring 2019 Training Offered: CALPADS Course Codes, Assignment Monitoring and LCAP Federal Addendum Equity Data Training.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #149 (Dated 14-Feb-2019)
Topics include: Guidance for assigning Statewide Student Identifiers (SSIDs) for adult students in CALPADS.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #148 (Dated 30-Jan-2019)
Topics include: Enrollment and attendance accounting guidance for students attending hospital/health facility programs in another LEA and while on paternity leave; clarification regarding reporting disciplinary incidents.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #147 (Dated 11-Dec-2018)
Topics include: CALPADS Fall 2 functionality rollout and deadline; wildfires and homeless and program; homeless definition.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #146 (Dated 26-Nov-2018)
Topics include: CALPADS deadline reminder; local foster match functionality defect.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #145 (Dated 05-Nov-2018)
Topics include: Deadline dates; functionality phase-in; business rule changes for discipline data submission; clarification of definition of "suspension;" ELAS start date for students tested with Initial ELPAC.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #144 (Dated 18-Oct-2018)
Topics include: CALPADS deadline dates; CALPADS status and common problems (known issues); list of commonly encountered defects.
- Microsoft Word Format - CALPADS Update FLASH #144 (DOCX; Dated 18-Oct-2018)
- PDF Format - CALPADS Update FLASH #144 (PDF; Dated 18-Oct-2018)
Topics include: CALPADS status; known issues and defects; LEA admin accounts; suggested next steps; CALPADS deadline dates.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #142 (Dated 20-Sep-2018)
Topics include: CALPADS LEA Admin Application; required training; updated timeline for CALPADS down time; Oct. 2 CIM event registration.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #141 (Dated 07-Sep-2018)
Topics include: Upcoming CALPADS down time; upcoming ODS pull for grad rate indicator; four-year ACGR report versus one-year grad counts; EOY data uses.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #140 (Dated 17-Aug-2018)
Topics include: EOY deadline reminder; timeline for upcoming CALPADS upgrade; guidance re: EO students with non-English primary language; use of school transfer category Code 4 – District of Choice.
- CALPADS Update FLASH #139 (Dated 24-Jul-2018)
Topics include: Assigning grade levels for ungraded elementary (UE) and ungraded secondary (US) students.
Earlier CALPADS Flash communications for prior academic years are located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.
- Reporting Data for Students with Disabilities (10-Oct-2019)
As discussed in CALPADS Update FLASH #161, this page provides common scenarios for determining which LEA is responsible for reporting SWD data, and which LEA will be held accountable on the Dashboard.
- Collection of Data on the Use of Restraint and Seclusion for All Students in CALPADS (Dated 31-Jul-2019)
Letter sent to County and District Superintendents, Charter School Administrators, Special Education Local Plan Area Directors, Administrators of County Offices of Education, Nonpublic School Administrators, State Diagnostic Center Directors, and Local Educational Agency Special Education Directors regarding the collection of restraint and seclusion data in CALPADS.
- Charter School Reporting for Special Education Students (Dated 10-Jul-2019)
Letter to Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) Directors regarding reporting data. The letter provides guidance and discusses responsibilities.
- Upcoming Transition of Data for Students with Disabilities into CALPADS(Dated 20-Jun-2019)
Letter to County and District Superintendents and Charter School Administrators regarding the transition from the California Special Education Management Information System (CASEMIS) to CALPADS.
C2C News: December 2018
C2C News: April 2018
C2C News: March 2018
C2C News: December 2017
CALPADS Information Meetings (CIM)
April 2018 CIM
CALPADS Information Meeting – April 17, 2018
YouTube video of the April 17, 2018 CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM).
Past CIM Events
To view past CIM events for prior academic years: Visit the CALPADS Communications Archive (CIM events are located under the "Webinars and Presentations – Archive" heading).
California School Dashboard: New Career Measures Collected for the College/Career Indicator (Dated 05-Apr-2019)
Letter sent to Dashboard, Accountability, and Dashboard Alternative School Status Coordinators regarding new career measures collected for the College/Career Indicator on the California School Dashboard.
To view earlier communications (associated with prior academic years), see the CALPADS Communications Archive.
- 2019–20 Data Collections: Annual Back-to-School Letter (Dated 15-Oct-2019)
This letter kicks off the 2019–20 data collection season for CALPADS, CBEDS, and CARS.
- Important Data Collection Updates:
2018–19 EOY; 2019–20 Major Changes (Dated 19-Jul-2019)
Updates regarding the upcoming End-of-Year (EOY) deadline, along with information regarding major changes for 2019–20.
Correspondence for prior academic years is located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.
- Charter School Reporting Status Change Form v11.0 for June 2019 (PDF; Dated 29-May-2019)
PDF form used to change a charter school reporting status for CALPADS and CBEDS.
- Charter School CALPADS and CBEDS Data Reporting Policy Letter (Dated 29-May-2019)
Annual letter regarding charter school data reporting options.
To receive information and updates regarding CALPADS, please subscribe to the appropriate CALPADS Listserv.
Earlier CALPADS communications are located in the CALPADS Communications Archive.