CALPADS LegislationProvides information on the Education Codes and their requirements within CALPADS.
Education Code Section 60900 requires the development of CALPADS to accomplish the following goals:
- To provide school districts and the California Department of Education (CDE) with access to data necessary to comply with federal reporting requirements delineated in the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001.
- To provide a better means of evaluating educational progress and investments over time.
- To provide local educational agencies (LEAs) with information that can be used to improve pupil achievement.
- To provide an efficient, flexible, and secure means of maintaining longitudinal statewide pupil-level data.
- To facilitate the ability of the state to publicly report data, as specified in Section 6401(e)(2)(D) of the federal America COMPETES Act (20 U.S.C. Sec. 9871) and as required by the federal American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Public Law 111–5).
- To ensure that any data access provided to researchers, as required pursuant to the federal Race to the Top regulations and guidelines is provided, only to the extent that the data access is in compliance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1232g).
Questions: CALPADS/CBEDS/CDS Operations Office | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-324-6738
Last Reviewed: Monday, October 28, 2019