Instructional Materials AdoptionsGeneral Information concerning Instructional Materials Adoptions.
- Instructional Materials in California (DOC)
A brief introduction to standards, curriculum frameworks, instructional materials adoption, and funding.
- Adoption Process and Overview (PDF)
Major steps in the state adoption process for K-8 instructional materials.
- Schedule for Curriculum Framework Development and Adoptions of
K-8 Instructional Materials (DOCX)
- Grades 9-12 Standards Map Templates and Instructions
Templates completed with citations by publishers and used by local education agencies in reviews of instructional materials. See also information on Standards Maps for Grades Nine Through Twelve - CalEdFacts.
- Guidelines for Piloting Textbooks and Instructional Materials (DOC)
Adopted by the State Board of Education, January 2015.
- Implementation of Instructional Materials Not Adopted by California | DOC
- Textbook Weight in California
Summary of State Board of Education action.
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Thursday, October 21, 2021