SACS2016ALL Software: Known Problems/FixesThe sacs2016allsetup.exe file will not include fixes made subsequent to the SACS2016ALL software release. If any problems are found, we will list them here and provide any revised files or workaround instructions.
Problem: Known Printing Issues Relating to Windows 7
After the Standardized Account Code Structure (SACS) software was modified to mitigate the worst of its incompatibilities with Windows 7, many software testers encountered a remaining printing problem where a fund form, supplemental form, or report is sent to the printer, and the SACS software print status window freezes. (This is not an issue when printing the Technical Review Checklist (TRC), the import log, or from the User Data Input/Review screen.)
Workaround: Anticipating this problem for all Windows 7 users, the California Department of Education's (CDE’s) workaround is to print first to Microsoft XPS Document Writer or Adobe PDF, then send the document to the printer.
Possible Fix: After extensive testing within CDE’s test environment, we are able to send forms and reports directly to printers by using the following print drivers (which are specific to our model printers), and by changing a particular printer setting specifically for Hewlett-Packard (HP) printers. CDE does not advocate the purchase or use of any specific printer brand or model and provides this information only as a basis for LEAs to test with different print drivers and/or settings if desired.
- For Samsung printers: Samsung Universal Print Driver 2 PS
- For HP printers: HP Universal Printing PS or HP Universal Printing printer command language (PCL) 6 print drivers
- Additional printer settings required for some HP printers:
- For some users, these printer settings must be changed outside of the SACS Software (e.g., changed through the Control Panel) or else the printer settings are lost each time the SACS Software is closed.
- Some users need to reset these printer settings each time they install the SACS software.
- Some users need to intermittently change these printer settings within the SACS software (i.e., changed through the print prompt) as well.
- Specific steps CDE uses for HP printer settings:
- Open SACS software form
- File menu, Print… option
- Properties [button]
- Effects [tab]
- Click on the radial button “Print Document on:”
- Then it should default to "Letter" right underneath it.
- It should also add a checkmark next to "Scale to Fit"
- Click Apply
- Then OK to print
Problem: Run-time Error 429
Periodically, the required Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) file is not properly installed, causing a run-time error 429 upon opening the SACS software.
Fix: Be sure all other applications are closed, then download this MDAC file: mdactyp (EXE; 7MB). Once downloaded, double-click on the file to begin installation (be sure to read the prompts thoroughly). When the installation is completed, the SACS software should open properly.