Digital Citizenship WeekCollaborative efforts of the California Department of Education (CDE) and Common Sense Education to celebrate CDE Digital Citizenship Week.
Digital Citizenship Week 2023
The California Department of Education (CDE) is proud to support the efforts of Common Sense Education by sharing their thoughtfully crafted resources, co-developed with the Center for Digital Thriving at the Harvard Graduate School of Education . These resources are tailored for specific grade bands, all of which are meant to “help young students build healthy habits with media and tech.”
Please consider incorporating any of the following Common Sense lessons into your already-planned daily schedules:
- 2023 - Digital Citizenship Week Calendar - Elementary School grades Kindergarten–2 and 3–5
- 2023 - Digital Citizenship Week Calendar - Middle School
- 2023 - Digital Citizenship Week Calendar - High School
In addition to promoting meaningfully curated resources, CDE hosted twice-daily conversations highlighting various themes throughout this year’s Digital Citizenship Week.
Selected Daily Dig Cit Chat Recordings
Is there a particular Daily Dig Cit Chat recording that you want to access directly?
- Superintendent Thurmond's 2023 Digital Citizenship Week Message (Video 2:15)
- Digital Citizenship and Balance (Video 28:08)
- Digital Citizenship and Mental Health (Video 32:05)
- Digital Citizenship and Digital Safety (Video 30:05)
- Digital Citizenship and Inclusive Technologies (Video 33:55)
- Digital Citizenship and Assistive Technology
Thank you for joining CDE to ensure balanced uses of media and technology, all in service of the CDE Mental Health Support Initiative.