Bus Driver Instructor Refresher Course
The Bus Driver Instructor Refresher Course is a fast-paced condensed version of the original Bus Driver Instructor Certification Course. This refresher course was created to support the ongoing education both in knowledge and skills for valid state certified instructors seeking to refine their instructional abilities. It offers guidance on lesson planning and behind-the-wheel teaching techniques, and will cover a variety of topics. The cost of this course will be a $50.00 nonrefundable course fee. However, lodging and meals will not be provided.
Purpose of the Course
The course is designed for valid state certified instructors to refresh and augment their knowledge so they can be better prepared to contribute to the safe operation of the constantly evolving pupil transportation industry by providing quality instruction that meets the minimum standards of the California Department of Education. The applicant will be provided the following:
- California laws, regulations, and rules governing passenger transportation.
- Classroom management and lesson planning.
- Proper documentation utilizing the California Department of Education Training Certificates T-01 and T-02.
- Information on various brake systems.
- Proper procedures for loading and unloading.
- Defensive driving techniques.
- Behind-the-wheel teaching techniques (classroom and field settings).
- Responsibilities of state agencies.
- Instructor requirements.
|Lesson Planning||Brake Systems||Defensive Driving
Behind-the-Wheel Teaching Techniques (Classroom)
|California Highway Patrol, Department of Motor Vehicle, California Department of Education Responsibilities
|Documentation||Loading and Unloading||Behind-the-Wheel Teaching Techniques (Field)||Dismissed|
For available training dates, please check the Office of School Transportation Course Schedules web page.