Bus Driver Instructor Refresher Course
The Bus Driver Instructor Refresher Course is a fast-paced condensed version of the original Bus Driver Instructor Certification Course. This refresher course was created to support the ongoing education both in knowledge and skills for valid state certified instructors seeking to refine their instructional abilities. It offers guidance on lesson planning and behind-the-wheel teaching techniques, and will cover a variety of topics. The cost of this course will be a $500.00 nonrefundable course fee. Lodging, transportation, and meals are the responsibility of the attendee.
Purpose of the Course
The course was created to support valid State Certified Bus Driver Instructors seeking to refine their instructional abilities. The program is designed to refresh and expand their existing skills and knowledge of the constantly evolving pupil transportation industry, as wells as all departmental standards set by the California Department of Education. The applicant will be instructed on the following:
- California laws, regulations, and rules governing passenger transportation.
- Classroom management and lesson planning.
- Proper documentation utilizing the California Department of Education Training Certificates T-01 and T-02.
- Information on various brake systems.
- Proper procedures for loading and unloading.
- Defensive driving techniques.
- Behind-the-wheel teaching techniques (classroom and field settings).
- Responsibilities of state agencies.
- Instructor requirements.
Behind-the-Wheel Teaching Techniques (Classroom)
|California Highway Patrol, Department of Motor Vehicle, California Department of Education Responsibilities
|Loading and Unloading
|Behind-the-Wheel Teaching Techniques (Field)
For available training dates, please check the Office of School Transportation Course Schedules web page.