Standards Maps for Grades Nine Through TwelveThe Nine through Twelve standards maps on this Web site are in a standard form created and approved by the State Board of Education and are tools for alignment with the state-adopted standards.
There are no state adoptions for grades nine through twelve. Local educational agency (LEA) governing boards have the authority and responsibility under Education Code Section 60400 to adopt instructional materials for use in their high schools for grades nine through twelve. The standards maps were developed to assist LEAs in their review of instructional materials for alignment to state-adopted standards. In addition, the standards maps may be utilized by LEAs to help determine if their adopted instructional materials meet the Education Code Section 60119(c) requirements that students have sufficient standards-aligned instructional materials for four core subject areas: English language arts, mathematics, science, and history–social science.
LEAs Instructions for California Standards Maps
Publishers Instructions for California Standards Maps
- Grade Ten Standards Map (DOC)
- Grade Eleven Standards Map (DOC)
- Grade Twelve Standards Map -American Democracy (DOC)
- Grade Twelve Standards Map -Economics (DOC)
Common Core State Standards for Mathematics Standards Maps for Higher Mathematics
The Higher Mathematics Courses Standards Maps were developed to assist LEAs in their selection of instructional materials for high school. The standards maps provide a valuable tool for LEAs in their review and adoption of instructional materials.
- Grade Eight through Twelve Standards Map - 1997 Standards (DOC)
English Language Arts/English Language Development
- Grades Nine and Ten – California Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts Standards (DOC)
- Grades Eleven and Twelve – California Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts Standards (DOC)
- Grades Nine and Ten – California English Language Development Standards (DOC)
- Grades Eleven and Twelve – California English Language Development Standards (DOC)