ETHNIC STUDIES MODEL CURRICULUM ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING (ESMCAC)
(Meeting is open to the public)
California Department of Education Building
1430 N Street, Room 1101, Sacramento, CA 95814
Thursday, March 21, 2019
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (plus or minus)
Friday, March 22, 2019
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (plus or minus)
|Time||Thursday, March 21, 2019|
Breakout Sessions: Introduction/Overview, UC-Approved Course Outlines, Glossary
Breakout Sessions continue: Introduction/Overview, UC-Approved Course Outlines, Glossary
Whole Group Session
|4:30 p.m.||Public Comment|
|5:00 p.m.±||Adjourn for the Day|
|Time||Friday, March 22, 2019|
Welcome, Community Building
|9:45 a.m.||Breakout Sessions: Survey Course Model, Stand-Alone Course Models|
Breakout Sessions continue: Survey Course Model, Stand-Alone Course Models
|2:15 p.m.||Whole Group Session|
|3:30 p.m.||Public Comment|
|3:45 p.m.||Next Steps|
ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND ARE PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY.
ALL ITEMS MAY BE RE-ORDERED AT THE NOTICED MEETING.
The following Instructional Quality Commission member may attend this meeting of the ESMCAC: Jose Lara, Yolanda Munoz
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE
All times are approximate; the timing and order of activities may change. The ESMCAC will commence, recess, and reconvene as necessary throughout the two-day meeting. The outline of activities is provided for convenience only. The actual order of business may be changed without notice by the ESMCAC Co-Chairs to accommodate the needs of members, invited presenters, and key staff.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
California Department of Education, Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division
1430 N Street, Room 3207, Sacramento, California 95814; 916-319-0881; (FAX) 916-319-0172
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function of the Instructional Quality Commission may request assistance by contacting the California Department of Education’s Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division at least ten (10) days in advance of the scheduled meeting date.
- Members of the public may sign up to address the committee during the time allocated for such public comment.
- Members of the public may only sign up to speak themselves and may not sign up other speakers.
- Speakers will be allotted a prescribed maximum amount of time, at the discretion of the Committee Chair, based upon the number of speakers.
- Speakers may not provide comment on behalf on another individual or group who is not present.
- Speakers may not allocate their allotted time to another speaker.
- Speakers shall refrain from using profanity and shall conduct themselves in a respectful manner.